Happy dance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh well done - I still recall the thrill - went around grinning like a Cheshire cat for at least a week.
If I was running a forum I'd organise the application of gold stars for such moments....

Many congratulations and good luck maintaining your remission. I hope your family are very proud of you and you deserve a big pat on the back.... and yes, definitely a gold star @Drummer

I’ve had a face to face appointment with my diabetes nurse for my hba1 results and she told me I’m in remission for type 2 diabetes today been taken off my meds to go by diet and exercise now

Well done with the good control but you can't be judged to be 'in remission' until mid-January, three months after stopping meds and with HbA1c under 48.

Well done with the good control but you can't be judged to be 'in remission' until mid-January, three months after stopping meds and with HbA1c under 48.
Different surgeries (or maybe areas) have different criteria for the label being applied - I went several years with no medication, and at Hba1c of 42 before it was put on my notes.

Different surgeries (or maybe areas) have different criteria for the label being applied - I went several years with no medication, and at Hba1c of 42 before it was put on my notes.
My was 38 and it was put on my note with the remission and the meds were stopped for now under the umbrella until February when I have another blood chart done

I’ve had a face to face appointment with my diabetes nurse for my hba1 results and she told me I’m in remission for type 2 diabetes today been taken off my meds to go by diet and exercise now
Fabulous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back