Hannah Montana-diabetes episode

Status
Not open for further replies.

aymes

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Just had a message from my little brother, the legendary Barnaby, telling me he's just watched a (new?to him anyway) episode of Hannah Montana which focusses on diabetes and misconceptions. He's saved it for me so I can 'check it to make sure it's right' when I next visit, which I thought was very sweet! Just wondered if anyone had seen it and flag it up, especially to those with children, it may or may not be a good thing depending on how well it's been done!

Hopefully if they have researched the condition well enough it may put to bed some of the misconceptions that are associated with this condition. Just googled Hannah Montanna and see its a American show, so here's hoping that they are a lot better at getting their facts right than our own television makers. Toby.

Interesting to see how its tackled, I predict badly...

Nrb,
What a lovely looking little boy on your avatar.🙂Bev

Thank you, hes so cute, hes a few months older than that now, so a wee bit less chubbier chops..........

Ah just to update my last post: The episode was re-written, re-shot, and was to be added to the third season of the show,the revised episode, called "Uptight (Oliver's Alright)" with corrected information on Diabetes as far as I am aware. This could be the new episode that you're brother has recorded for you Aymes?

My daughter has seen a Hannah Montana Diabetes episode. I happend to walk in towards the end. Carol reckoned it was correct. I haven't seen it though.

It was on TV the day after K came out of hospital - she is not a HM fan but was just channel hopping as you do and couldnt believe it! She watched it but I dont know how correct it was. (I didnt watch as I was on the phone to DSN, :D )

Miley Cyrus (sp?) aka Hannah Montanna dated the Jonas brother who has D for a while (i'm told) so you'd hope they got their facts straight 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back