Hand cream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradders 52

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
He/Him
I am a 71 Yr old man with type2. I have noticed that the skin on my hands, especially the right hand, has thinned. I have bought Neutrogena visibly renew and have noticed this contains vitamin A, does anyone know if this is safe for diabetics

Welcome @Bradders 52 🙂 The amount of Vitamin A in that hand cream will be negligible so it will be fine to use.

If your skin becomes really thin, inflamed or damaged, you might need to see your GP, but keeping on top of things with a good hand cream is sensible.

My hands get very dry and cracked at this time of year walking the dogs.

The only thing I‘d be cautious of would be checking fingerstick glucose levels and any possible interaction between handcream on my fingers and the glucose-reading enzymes. Not that I can recall having any unexpected results though tbh!

My hands get very dry and cracked at this time of year walking the dogs.

The only thing I‘d be cautious of would be checking fingerstick glucose levels and any possible interaction between handcream on my fingers and the glucose-reading enzymes. Not that I can recall having any unexpected results though tbh!
Exactly as some hand creams and hand soaps have glycerin in which may cause a problem with finger pricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back