Hair Transplant

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogsheff

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
This maybe be an unusual question to ask. I am considering having a hair transplant. I am 63 and have diabetes type 2. However, my initial research has indicated it would not be safe to do so until my sugar levels are under control. My question is, has anybody, with diabetes, undertaken a hair transplant ? Replies appreciated. Thank you.

Welcome @rogsheff 🙂 I can’t help with the hair transplant nor do I know how invasive it is, but many people here have had treatments from operations to tattoos. How high is your blood sugar and what, if any, meds do you take?

Thank you for reply. My blood sugar is above 60 which I know is too high and in addition to my meds of Yaltormin & Atorvastatin my Dr has added Invokana and I am focusing on my diet.

When you say focussing on your diet, does that mean you've been advised to limit the amount of carbohydrate you eat or drink? If not that - what?

Limit my carbohydrate
With the medication that you have just had prescribed you need to make sure you drink plenty as otherwise you may become dehydrated as it works by removing glucose from the body via urine so frequent loo visits are can be a side effect.
Many find a low carb approach successful, that being suggested as less than 130g per day so it sounds as if you have made some changes to reduce your carbs.
This link may help you with some ideas for modifying your diet. https://lowcarbfreshwell.co.uk/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back