Hair Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucy123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi All

Now no laughing please as this is quite serious!

I am sure I am losing my hair at 48.
I have noticed on one side of my head at the front I seem to have less hair in that i can see a freckle on the side of my head that i couldn't see before.
I have always been told I have fine hair but loads of it, but it does seem thinner!

I have also noticed I am always now pulling loose hair off my tops!

Now the thing is I have recently had my hair cut and went to Saks for the first time rather than my normal hairdresser. so the question is, is my hair thinning due to:

1) Diabetes
2) Age
3) a really bad hairdresser...

I am starting to feel that I don't want to touch or wash it!

Help!

I won't laugh because I've had moments where I've been worried myself. Have you had lots of stress or illness? My hairdresser says she can tell if people have been under stress or even on certain medications. She also says though that EVERYONE has thicker hair one side than the other and I've recently changed from a side parting to a middle one to even it up as much as I can. Hope this helps a bit.x

Hi it does. I have been pondering whether since having the Kerry Catona cut my parting is more to the right, and it is the right side that seems thinner.
I might pop in the hairdresser tomorrow and ask for an opinion!
The only difference to my health is diabetic since june, and just getting hypo's. I have increased my exercise immensely but wouldn't think this would make a difference.

It probably is just the fact that you have had a different style and your parting has moved a bit so you have noticed the fact. No harm in asking hairdresser though, they always seem to have answers for everything - not just hair! Good luck.

Lucy.. Don't use Wash & Go, I used it and my hair went :D

John

thanks Flutterby.

Hey John, How the devil are you - where have you been?

I definitely lose quite a bit of hair but not sure if it's Diabetes or the fact I dye my hair too much!

thanks Flutterby.

Hey John, How the devil are you - where have you been?

Hi Lucy..I thought if I stayed away, you would miss me so much that you would entice me back with a bigger Christmas present :D

John

..John I missed you so much - my hair is falling out!

My sister is a top stylist and she tells me that stress can be found in your hair! She can look at a strand of hair and tell you how long ago you suffered stress by the state of it. Every season you lose hair - a bit like a dog moulting. So try not to worry - as this also causes hair loss.🙂Bev

Maybe I should send you a sample Bev Hee Hee.

Lucy i was just reading a magazine aricle about this funny enough although it was more about thinning hair than hair loss and diabetes was listed as one of the causes which ive never been told before when ive asked about my finer hair they have always put it down to my underactive thyroid gland

I would probably say its thinning Jenny, so thanks for that.
I am hoping to speak to haridresser if I see her today.

Lucy i was just reading a magazine aricle about this funny enough although it was more about thinning hair than hair loss and diabetes was listed as one of the causes

I have heard about this. But you shouldn't start having problems now if your levels are under control.

Of course stress can have an effect too (which is another thing I can testify to - yet another thing! 🙄).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back