Hair loss legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedford 1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Has anyone else noticed that the hair on limbs falls out. The lower part of my legs are now very smooth.
Have hairy legs to my knees and then very smooth! Is this a normal occurrence. Type 2 diabetes.

Me too. I'm not sure it's anything to do with diabetes more an age thing but someone may beg to differ. Even Alan Partridge mentions it.

I'm jealous..... I want to lose the hair on my legs to save me from shaving them!

Me too. I think goes with age and quite common. I have copied this from the web..As we age, our natural levels of estrogen will reduce, and as such, these hairs will become thinner and sparser. This is why both hair on the legs and the arms will also be significantly reduced.

I've lost hair on my lower legs, which I'm all in favour of personally. (Where I'd really like to lose it though, is ahem TMI much higher up my legs .....)

I would suggest you ask for a Doppler and have your ABPI values checked. Hair loss was one of my first signs of PAD. Whilst the DSN missed it (silly moo) it my podiatrist did not. Now I be a UniPed and not a BiPed! ☹️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back