Haim - Este Haim Struggles To Manage Diabetes On Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Haim star ESTE Haim struggles to manage her diabetes on tour because she is unable to get the proper food and exercise she needs to stay healthy.

The rocker famously suffered a bout of hypoglycemia on stage at Britain's Glastonbury Festival last summer (13) and she later insisted she had been too busy to eat.

Haim has now revealed she faces a constant battle to control her condition while enduring long days, hours of travelling, and a busy work schedule as part of the girl group.

http://www.contactmusic.com/story/este-haim-struggles-to-manage-diabetes-on-tour_4299890

Just wondering why she had a hypo because of not eating, presuming she's on a pump then surely she would only bolus for food? I know it's possible to have hypos anyway, just that the explanation seems odd :confused:

One of my favorite bands and I had no idea she was a diabetic!

Never heard of them!🙄

They're good, brilliant guitar skills, might need to do more listening to love it though 🙂

never heard of them maybe im getting old

Last edited by a moderator:
No I've never heard of em either.

But still, it must take some balancing, cos the adrenaline would be extremely variable I should think. If you were relying on that within your basal pattern, or moved more and especially with the heat this year - I can see you could easily go hypo. And really, if you are asked to explain all that jazz to a journo for publication to a bulk audience of haven't got a clue about D readers - it would be much easier for all concerned to say 'Oh - I couldn't get food at just the critical time'.

That's what I fink, anyway.

OTOH maybe she hasn't got a clue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back