Had my training for the Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellie Jones

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The meter turned up yesterday, but didn't have to time to have a look at it let alone a play...

But went over the hospital this morning to meet up with the Rep and one of the pump nurses who I hadn't met but she was very nice and very glued up on pumping indeed...

Training lasted just over an hour, and for me a real feel good factor as they were very surprised as loads of time saved as they didn't have to workout any of the correction factors, carb ratio's etc as I already know all these factors...

The meter seems a nice piece of kit indeed pretty easy to use, the software is miles better than the Pocket Compass software I was using and all in one meter so a lot less fiddling around...

And it was pretty cool to control the pump without having to actuall touch it😎

Sounds like things have worked out for the best Ellie! 🙂 Well done on sticking to your guns too!

Great news Ellie, enjoy your handset, 🙂

I'm really likeing the Meter indeed...

It's been through it's paces today, I've used the skin that the rep gave me yesterday to hang it around my neck and under my sweatshirt as I'm decorating it's been brill to not have to retrieve my pump to sort it...

I think I'm going to gain a lot of advantages from using it... But I think that I do need to do some basal checking and perhaps so readjusting of my carb ratio's though..

But I'm so glad that I held out about it...

I'm hoping this one is reliable though and doesn't go the same way as my other two pumps:(

Yay! Great news Ellie

Is it the Combo? Looks identical to my Expert (though that doesn't have bluetooth sadly).

Still tweaking settings on the Expert, but it's been considerably better this last week. And Roche have been brilliant at answering questions/queries when it doesn't seem to be behaving according to the documentation.

M

Yep it't the combo as it controls my pump, which is sort of cool indeed and so handy..

I loaded my carb ratio information etc all on, not 100% sure whether I might need to tweek my setting as I've decorating so it's a bit of trial and error to what settings to use..

But I'm due to do a full (several) fasting basal tests so won't tweak anything until I know that my basal is still correct..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back