Had my screening results in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura22

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Turns out I have backround retinopathy (I can't spell that word) The letter says it won't affect my eyesight but I need screenings every year.
:(

I have screening every year as standard ....i think laura if it had been anything needing direct action they'd be seeing you sooner x try not to worry

Turns out I have backround retinopathy (I can't spell that word) The letter says it won't affect my eyesight but I need screenings every year.
:(

Mine was the same Laura - it's only worrying if they call you back straightaway. I have my next one a week tomorrow 😱

p.s. you spelled retinopathy correctly, but 'background' wrong! 😉

Last edited:
I got the same thing and told it was nothing to worry about. Came on here and they all said not to worry so I don't.

I wish I didn't have diabetes but I do so tough. Glad it will be checked at least once a year.

I've had 3 of these screenings now. The first time they said I had slight changes and not to worry. Second time said all was OK and this time the person doing it said my eyes were great and showing no signs of any problems at all. So I do wonder who was right. Any way I'm not going to worry about it until they tell me to.

I've had 3 of these screenings now. The first time they said I had slight changes and not to worry. Second time said all was OK and this time the person doing it said my eyes were great and showing no signs of any problems at all. So I do wonder who was right. Any way I'm not going to worry about it until they tell me to.

I think that background retinopathy can be transient - now you see it, now you don't! (so to speak!)🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back