Had my appointment at Diabetes Medicine Centre today

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippyjojo

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
So I had my appointment at the Diabetes Medicine Centre today and it seemed to go very well. I don't need to start taking insulin as my body seems to be responding well to the Metformin, diet and exercise. The doctor was really pleased with my numbers - particularly my fasting morning BG so I'm chuffed with that. Ironically I've been feeling incredibly hungry today even though I've been eating plenty. He's told me I can cut right back with the BG measuring but I think I'm going to carry on with first thing and before dinner as apart from anything else I think that will keep me on the straight and narrow, whereas if I moved to only 3 or 4 times a week at random times, which he suggested, I think I'd let myself have things I shouldn't. I had a repeat HbA1C done last week (even though only 6 weeks since the first) and was really pleased to hear that it had gone down from 96% (first one) to 76%, so I'm obviously doing something right. The doctor today explained that it's enevitable or highly likely that at some stage I will have to start taking insulin as my depleted pancreas will be working harder than it would have otherwise but that gives me all the more reason to really watch my carb intake. I was about to have yummy sausages for supper to celebrate - well I'm still having them but only 1 instead of 2 as my boxer, Wilbur, decided he'd love a couple of raw sausages as an after walkies treat 😡

Oh thats brilliant news jojo <3

I found my attitude to insulin has changed since I was diagnosed (T2 with a ?? on T1) and have gone from "oh hell no" to "Just give me it already".
I am thankful that I have had time to mentally prepare for it which our T1 and some T3 friends didn't get. (starting on it in the next few days).
Embrace where you are at now and if the inevitable happens, I hope you too will be ready and prepared.

As far as wilbur is concerned, tell him that he will be made into a sausage if he keeps stealing yours :rofl:

Oh thats brilliant news jojo <3

I found my attitude to insulin has changed since I was diagnosed (T2 with a ?? on T1) and have gone from "oh hell no" to "Just give me it already".
I am thankful that I have had time to mentally prepare for it which our T1 and some T3 friends didn't get. (starting on it in the next few days).
Embrace where you are at now and if the inevitable happens, I hope you too will be ready and prepared.

As far as wilbur is concerned, tell him that he will be made into a sausage if he keeps stealing yours :rofl:
Thank you - Wilbur say's he'll try hard to be a really good boy (yeah right!)

Thank you - Wilbur say's he'll try hard to be a really good boy (yeah right!)
When I was a kid people used to let their dogs roam about willynilly, and I remember our dog cane back with a whole string of sausages which she must have stolen from the butcher in the village.
We thought it was no good taking them back as they had been dragged back through the field but did feel rather guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back