1. Welcome to the Diabetes UK Forum
    Dismiss Notice

Had enough

Discussion in 'General Messageboard' started by bakebeans, Oct 5, 2019.

1. bakebeans

bakebeans Well-Known Member

Relationship to Diabetes:
    Type 2
    im sorry this is going to be a rant but I’ve totally had enough this month.

Everything’s going wrong and it’s not even diabetes related it’s life and everyone’s telling me it’s no point feeling down things will sort themselves out but that isn’t helping.

This month we’ve had to buy a new fridge a new washing machine and a new car my car has also gone wrong and been in and out of the garage. We are saving to buy a house but that money is slowly disappearing. I feel I don’t want to drive as I was left of the side of a busy a road last week awaiting the rac and now that the car is “fixed” I’m just waiting for it to break down again. My anxiety is through the roof.

My mum has diabetes and isn’t looking after herself at all she won’t let me go to her appointments but said she thinks her HbA1c was 99 when she went last week, she wont let me try to help her I’ve offered to cook but no she won’t change anything, she looks so Ill and frail now it’s horrible to see, she even fell over in a shop a couple of days ago. My dads got high blood pressure and I’m so worried he’s going to get Ill because of that. They are both at the drs in a couple of weeks time to hopefully we will find out more then.

We have a planned day out today with the in-laws who hate me so I can see that’s going to go well, meal out with them tonight and I have no idea what I’m going to eat. I don’t have another appointment with my diabetes nurse until March but I’m worried I’m slipping already, I ate a huge piece of cake last night and felt so guilty only pleasant surprise was if lost another pound in weight this morning which takes me just over 3 stone loss but I can’t even feel happy about that. All I want to do is curl up in my pyjamas and be left alone

2. everydayupsanddowns

everydayupsanddowns Moderator

Type 1
    Ah @bakebeans!

I’m so sorry to hear about all the hassles you are having at the moment. Hope the universe deals you some kinder cards from now on.

In the meantime, play the hand you’ve got as well as you can.

Hope you feel better for having poured it all out here and shared it with folks who care about you.

And I hope the day with your in-laws goes much better than you fear and that the food doesn’t cause you any problems.

(((((Hugs)))))

bakebeans likes this.
  3. Ljc

Ljc Well-Known Member

Type 2
    I am sorry to hear you are having such a rough time if it which is making you feel so low.
    I have no words of wisdom other than to say,
    Be kind to yourself.
    Not one of these things that are happening are your fault .
    Be patient with yourself.

I trust that your luck changes for the better very soon and that your visit with the in-laws today is much better than you expect.

0091DDF3-D05A-4363-98CF-898817478327.gif

4. mikeyB

mikeyB Well-Known Member

Type 1
    Fear not, @bakebeans, I’ve had months like that. It feels as though everything is going wrong. But fridges, washing machines and cars have a finite life, and you tend to buy fridges and washing machines at the same time when you move, so they go wrong at the same time.

It’s just a perfect storm, you can’t fix families, so you just wonder where it’s going to end up. Where it will end up is back to normal life. That’s what always happens, so it’s fine to feel sorry for yourself and rage at the world while it’s going on, you’ll feel so much better as it passes.

All the best, and rant as much as you like:)

Jojo catwoman and bakebeans like this.
  5. KARNAK

KARNAK Well-Known Member

Type 1
    Hello @bakebeans, life can be a real struggle at times. I went through it last week, didn't want to mix with the world, couldn`t be bothered with anything did not come on the forum for a week although this is my lifeline. You rant as much as you like we are here to listen although I know from other members posts you are not alone.

Mothers and mother in laws ouch, not an easy subject a part of life, as @mikeyB says it will all end up in normality. Maybe a few tears, a few upsets on the way but cope you will, mechanical, electrical items that's the luck of the draw they all go wrong eventually some sooner than others, as the old saying goes bad luck comes in threes!!!!! or more. Hang in there girl we are all here for you, try to enjoy your meal with the in laws and lets hope mum & dad get some help at the doctors. Take care and keep us up-to-date.xx

bakebeans likes this.
  6. Grannylorraine

Grannylorraine Well-Known Member

Type 2
    Sorry to hear about what is going on in your life, as others have said these things all seem to happen at once, which makes it seem overwhelming. Make sure you look after yourself while all this is going on.

Jojo catwoman and bakebeans like this.
  7. Ditto

Ditto Well-Known Member

Type 2
    (((hugs)))

bakebeans likes this.
  8. bakebeans

Type 2
    Thank you all for your kind words they were really needed today and I appreciate them loads. Today was ok in the end I concentrated on the kids and got on with it all the best I could and we all had a great day.

To add to my list of worries I’ve started to notice a sharp burning pain on the top of my left foot. I’ve had a quick google and I’m now convinced I have diabetic neuropathy. It’s at the top of my foot above the last 2 toes and goes up towards my ankle. I noticed it worse last night when I was walking and also again today when I had sat with my foot at an awkward position. I do suffer with planter fasciitis in that foot so wondered if I’d been walking a bit different as it’s been sore it also feels very tender to touch. The pain doesn’t last very long as I try to shift my weight to a different part of my foot and it stops hurting

9. everydayupsanddowns

everydayupsanddowns Moderator

Type 1
    Great to hear you had a good day @bakebeans!

Hope you get some relief from your foot pain, and it turns out to just be something temporary and passing.

bakebeans likes this.
  10. louloulou

louloulou Well-Known Member

Type 1
    Hope you are doing ok. It all happens at them same time totally understand how you feeling just make sure you look after you Loux

11. bakebeans

Type 2
    Thanks for the help last week guys things are looking up, nothing has cost me lots of money this week and I’ve been no where near a garage for the first time in ages! Foots felt better as each day has passed the pain has got less just a bit of a tingle feeling every now and again which I’ll put down the healing and keep an eye on it for a few more days. Parents have their appointments this week one Wednesday and one Thursday so will be happy when they are over and I’ll know where I am with helping them. 4 lb weight loss this week so I’m feeling more positive about keeping healthy and kicking this diabetes in the back side

everydayupsanddowns likes this.
  12. Lizzzie

Lizzzie Well-Known Member

Type 1
    I'm so glad I read this post; it got gradually more positive as your crazy ducks became to bob towards each other into a row again. And they are crazy ducks - I mean, you're juggling a lot of things and any one would find your week stressful. Sounds as if you did well.

This diabetes is HARD

bakebeans likes this.