Had an amazing good news diabetes week

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJLang

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
On Thursday morning I received an unexpected phone call that Roche has asked for people in my diabetes clinic (and I assume other clinics) to be swapped from the Accuchek Combo (which I love) to another pump. My clinic's preferred new pump is the Medtronic 780 with the possibility of sensors because of my gastroparesis. I was shocked and then so pleased. It is still subject to funding hurdles but I should know more in a fortnight.
I can't believe that I have a possibility of being on a closed loop system this soon as my current pump is only 18 months old.
Second lot of good news - well I've really really been battling with the diabetes during the last 6 months during the gastroparesis and other things - was close at times to giving up and letting it do its own thing - and therefore expected a HBAC1C in the 7's - so extremely pleased that it was a fantastic 6.3!!!
AND (I know you shouldn't start a sentence with and) all of my blood tests were ok, some maybe not quite as good as I would like but definitely all within the normal range. Yay!!!
Makes up for all of the other things that are going pear shaped with my body.

Delighted for you Amanda and keeping fingers crossed that you get funding for the sensors. @SB2015 is using that pump and looping and I believe that she finds it liberating from some of the mental strain of managing diabetes, particularly through the night.... although I think it was challenging in the initial stages getting it set up.

Really, really pleased for you. Don't you love reading good news!! Makes us all happier :D

Wish mine would ask me to do that!

FWIW Amanda, had the 780 been 'on offer' at my clinic when I last swapped pump, I'd have happily chosen it, instead of another Combo. I think the major thing both of us would not like, is not having the remote control and having to test BG, then fish out the pump itself to enter BG for it to calculate every bolus/correction dose. However together with matched CGM = a closed loop system pretty instantly - brilliant!

Thank you very much everyone 🙂

Wish mine would ask me to do that!

FWIW Amanda, had the 780 been 'on offer' at my clinic when I last swapped pump, I'd have happily chosen it, instead of another Combo. I think the major thing both of us would not like, is not having the remote control and having to test BG, then fish out the pump itself to enter BG for it to calculate every bolus/correction dose. However together with matched CGM = a closed loop system pretty instantly - brilliant!
Thank you Jenny for reinforcing my thoughts about it. It will be strange not having the combo after ten years but the thought of a closed loop system is amazing. I hope you get offered it soon.

I’m so pleased to hear all your good news @AJLang. You deserve it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back