Had a good idea today re test strips

Status
Not open for further replies.

caroleann

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I always seem to run short so have decided to save my bonus points on my boots card so that way i will have a back up incase i run out again,mind you my plan will only work if they allow me to use my points to get the test strips so i will pop in to boots to make sure.

I'm not sure you can use points for strips Carole, but hope I'm wrong! I've had a Boots card for over a decade and I think I have about ?1 on mine! 🙄

i buy the pak of 10 strips and earn 24 points for them these are just sold off the shelf and i pay at any till i dont have to take them to the pharmacy section .

Then go for it! :D I've just never seen them on the shelves. But hey, I don't look for them!

Boots is just across the road from where i live so i will pop in in the morning and ask, be good if i can it will save me wasteing the points on silly things i dont need🙂

as you are on insulin, shouldn;t you get enough strips on prescription? or are you thinking for emergencies?

I get 50 a month from the doc and i test 4 times a day as instructed by dsn,but yes im thinking just for emerency back up as my brain can be a bit lazy at times and foreget to put prescription on time.

I get 50 a month from the doc and i test 4 times a day as instructed by dsn,but yes im thinking just for emerency back up as my brain can be a bit lazy at times and foreget to put prescription on time.

You should get at least 100 a month if you are being asked to test 4 times a day - I'd have a word with the doctor, or get the DSN to have a word/write a letter, you shouldn't have to buy your own.

Yes test strips are on the shelf in boots, Ive bought them before.

You should get at least 100 a month if you are being asked to test 4 times a day - I'd have a word with the doctor, or get the DSN to have a word/write a letter, you shouldn't have to buy your own.

This - get your DSN to write a letter to your GP stating you need enough to test at least 4 times a day (if you get on with your DSN, you could get her to ask for a slight increase on that for emergencies, or say a set amount per month or per prescription).

hope you do not mind me jumping in boot charge about ?6.48 For 10 and ?27.99 For 50

😱 that's a lot of money. I've been thinking of supplementing my prescription as I'm using loads at the moment but not at that price, it's disgraceful that some of you are having to buy.😡

I'm allowed 100 a month now but I used to get them about half price off eBay. I think the most I ever paid was ?27.50 for 100 from them. I've got about ?20 on my Advantage card at the mo... Hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back