Hab1c tests

Status
Not open for further replies.

WendyB61

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have finally after 12 months had a review about my diabetes, I was diagnosed last year my Hab1c was 54 and was told to just lose some weight, this site is the only advice and help I got, in July my level had dropped to 44 prediabetes and in December it had stayed at 44. The nurse has said that I don’t need to be tested now for 12 months, I don’t think I’m happy with that, is that normal to test every 12 month?

Pretty well usual, many people have been struggling to get tests even 2 yearly.
If you keep up or step up abit with what you have been doing you should expect to get down below the magic 42mmol/mol but the next test.
You can always use your home testing monitor to keep a check on your progress.

It’s normal to have a review every 12 months, though half of my checks haven’t been done since pre covid.

Once they feel that you have things well under control then annual appointments are the norm for most people.
Many congratulations on your success in lowering and maintaining your HbA1c. Hope you can continue that success going forward.

I have finally after 12 months had a review about my diabetes, I was diagnosed last year my Hab1c was 54 and was told to just lose some weight, this site is the only advice and help I got, in July my level had dropped to 44 prediabetes and in December it had stayed at 44. The nurse has said that I don’t need to be tested now for 12 months, I don’t think I’m happy with that, is that normal to test every 12 month?
Normal for Type 2s - we’re the poor relations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back