Gumar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone take this and how effective is it?
I have never heard of it or mention of it but it sounds like another snake oil product and probably best avoided and save yourself the money. A healthy low carb or other dietary regime suitable for lowering blood glucose and investment in a blood glucose monitor would be better use of your money.
Check this link

Does anyone take this and how effective is it?
A mistress of a married mobster? (For anyone else confused after a web search, try gurmar or "Gymnema sylvestre".)

webmd seems dismissive: https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-841/gymnema

Gymnema (Gymnema sylvestre) is a plant native to India and Africa with a history of use in Ayurvedic medicine. It has little evidence of health benefits.​

I presume it's another one of these things that's probably harmless but quite possibly not effective. So don't spend too much money on it.

Welcome to the forum🙂

I agree with the above comment, but I will explain what Gumar is. It is a complex of two tree saps which act as a natural glue. Gumar is just an abbreviation of Gum Arabic. I have a bottle of it, because it's used in watercolour paint. It''s commonly use in food to act as a a stabiliser, and is often used in cake icing. So it's not toxic, unlike other glues.

So the answer to your question is no, nobody here takes it, and it has no known effect on the human body, and no effect on blood sugar as a result.

It's a bit uneconomic to buy gum Arabic in capsule form when you can buy large packs of it from Amazon to use in cooking.

I should add that other glues are freely available, but are mostly toxic.

A mistress of a married mobster? (For anyone else confused after a web search, try gurmar or "Gymnema sylvestre".)

webmd seems dismissive: https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-841/gymnema

Gymnema (Gymnema sylvestre) is a plant native to India and Africa with a history of use in Ayurvedic medicine. It has little evidence of health benefits.​

I presume it's another one of these things that's probably harmless but quite possibly not effective. So don't spend too much money on it.
Tangentially, horrific case study on the harm inflicted on a 14 year old girl in India by Ayurvedic medicines:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back