Guessing games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

aymes

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Figured I'd move this so it doesn't take over the pump thread...

.... My last one (hba1c) was 7.6, I get the results of my next one tomorrow so fingers crossed, guesses welcome of course!

Last edited:
I think it's a shame where NICE have put their criteria, and hba1c of 8.5 or above. I'm on MDI, manage pretty well most of the time but struggle to get my a1c below the magic 7, it's below 8.5 so I don't qualify for a pump easily so I seem to be in some sort of no man's land! My last one was 7.6, I get the results of my next one tomorrow so fingers crossed, guesses welcome of course!

I'm going for 6.8%!:D Blimey, if 8.5% is their starting point, it's way too high IMO.

I'd love that but I don't think I'll manage below 7. I've got a bottle of champagne I was given when I graduated and have pledged not to open it until I go below 7....

Hi Aymes...

Good luck....I think you'll be 7....:D

Heidi
🙂

Hi Aymes,
My guess is 7.5%.
I thought the NICE guidelines said that you fit the criteria if your having disabling hypos - not just your hba1c result? Also the fear of having a hypo i thought was part of the criteria?:confused:Bev

yeah, the hypos are in there too, but I don't fit that one either!

7.2 Good luck 🙂

I'd love that but I don't think I'll manage below 7. I've got a bottle of champagne I was given when I graduated and have pledged not to open it until I go below 7....

In that case it will be 6.99!!! Enjoy the bottle!

Good luck.

Figured I'd move this so it doesn't take over the pump thread...

.... My last one (hba1c) was 7.6, I get the results of my next one tomorrow so fingers crossed, guesses welcome of course!

Hi my guess is 7.1 🙂 good luck 🙂🙂

I'll go 7.6% all the ones I wanted to go for were already taken. Might have to get an A1c done myself just to play this game

And the winner is...

Heidi guessed right, my a1c is 7, which is the best it's been for a long time so I'm very happy. It hasn't quite reached the below 7 so the champagne will have to wait until at least my next test which is in September. Definately could be better but maybe finally I'm getting there!

All other blood tests are, as the doc said, 'perfect' so I'm pretty happy right now!

A

Heidi guessed right, my a1c is 7, which is the best it's been for a long time so I'm very happy. It hasn't quite reached the below 7 so the champagne will have to wait until at least my next test which is in September. Definately could be better but maybe finally I'm getting there!

All other blood tests are, as the doc said, 'perfect' so I'm pretty happy right now!

A

Excellent news Aymes!:D

A

Well done aymes, but there's always the chance that they rounded it up!!

But maybe you should wait till it is catogorically under 7!!

September it will be then, start chilling the glasses!!

Well done Aymes that is great as you start to get closer to target it's harder to make drops of more than 0.5%
What's really important is that you are happy about it 🙂

Hi Aymes,

Thats superb....well done...congratulations..xx

Heidi
🙂

Hi Aymes,

WOOOOOOOOOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats great news! You should be proud of yourself and all your hard work. I think you deserve a little treat! Lets hope you do even better in September!:DBev

Hi Aymes,

WOOOOOOOOOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats great news! You should be proud of yourself and all your hard work. I think you deserve a little treat! Lets hope you do even better in September!:DBev

Lol, I've just got back from M&S with a bottle of wine and choc chip and cherry muffins topped with cream! I think that comes under treating myself....😉 Not sure about the 'little' part!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back