guess the HbA1c

Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaLQ

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Ooh I get to say it this time!

My first 6 month check up appointment is at 11.30am. I've lost over 4 stone since diagnosis, my original HbA1c was around 6.7 or 6.8 (IIRC).

Ill go with 6.1

A nice gradual decline (Meaning a 5.7 next time 😛 )

Based on my results, I will go for 5.7 as you have lost so much weight.

Well done on that - I know how hard it is.

I will go with 5.6% good luck :D x

Thanks folks - I'm home! I was a bit off with my original HbA1c - it wasn't 6.7 it was 6.4. But now it's..............

5.1!!!!!!!!

BP excellent apparently (128/76 - or 126/78, cant remember!), weight down 30kg, cholesterol is 3 (so up from 2.9 but I did miss a few simvastatins the week of the test).

However, no news on the strips front as it wasn't the diabetic nurse practitioner I saw, just one of the regular nurses. She agreed that my control is due to how I've been testing and says all the nurses think that all diabetics should be allowed to test, but she says it's down to the GPs and those in charge and it's likely they'll say no.

But still, it was nice to have someone on my side - and she is the ONLY person who asked me how it's affected me emotionally - no-one else has asked whether I've been low (I have - a lot), and I find that surprising considering I went through a really bad patch 12 years ago and they keep bringing it back up for other reasons LOL!

Hey ho, do you think I can celebrate with cake, or should I be a good girl? 😛

Fantastic Lisa!!!!!! Wow, what brilliant results to go with your lovely hairstyle! 😉

I'm massively impressed 🙂 Keep up the good work - I think you deserve some kind of reward (not necessarily cake!).

Looks like Cazscot won it, and even she was far too conservative!

what a star !!!! woowwwwooop excellent results !!!

Last edited:
Darn, way off again.

Congrats though, great result!

Posted comment on your facebook but will post here as well...

Fantastic, well done. What a result! Congrats on your blood pressure and weight loss as well :D x

PS I am glad I was wrong in my guess!

Last edited:
Brilliant! I thought it would be a good result but that is excellent.

I know what you mean about wanting to celebrate - I really had to stop myself buying an ice cream on Friday, and then later not cooking but getting a donner kebab from the chippy, then treating myself to a cream cake - I was really stern with myself and kept thinking "slippery slope".

Well done those are brilliant resluts and I think you should be naughty just this one day :D xx

WOW amazing results all round :D Well done and yes you deserve some sort of treat 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back