Guess the hba1c...

Status
Not open for further replies.

harbottle

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I've just had my latest hba1c result...
It appears cholesterol has gone up, though, and HDL is down, which is strange, as I've not really changed diet much since the last test, where it was all fine. Text message to call the nurse, so I imagine they want me to go on statins. (I don't eat much saturated fat, not much red meat, although do have the odd tablespoon of double cream in a stir fry.)

It was 36 in December 2022
39 in April 2023

I've been a bit naughty and not had a test for a year (I think the GP said 6 months or a year). Plus have been eating a lot more potato and the odd piece of bread.

Here's a snippet from my contour readings:

IMG_4765.png

Would anyone like to guess what I am at now?

(Readings are fasting, post breakfast, pre lunch, post lunch (An hour and then two, I like to see any peak.)

It appears cholesterol has gone up, though, and HDL is down, which is strange, as I've not really changed diet much since the last test, where it was all fine. Text message to call the nurse, so I imagine they want me to go on statins. (I don't eat much saturated fat, not much red meat, although do have the odd tablespoon of double cream in a stir fry.)

39 in April 2023

I've been a bit naughty and not had a test for a year (I think the GP said 6 months or a year). Plus have been eating a lot more potato and the odd piece of bread.

View attachment 25830

(Readings are fasting, post breakfast, pre lunch, post lunch (An hour and then two, I like to see any peak.)

Regards to cholesterol, own take would be to see what next set of results are months down the line then decide.

39 in April 2023

View attachment 25830

I’m guessing 38 🙂

Well done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back