guess the hba1 with new pump :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

bex123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
ok pre pump my hba1 was 10.8

i have been on the pumps for nearly 2 months and at pump group yesterday we all had our hba1's done

my control is a billion times better than it was , but still having wobbles but they are tiny wobbles compared with MDI

soooo what do you recon my hba1 will be i find out some time this week... waiting for the email :D

Hiya Bex ill have a go at 7.9% good luck x

I think it'll be 7.5% good luck with the result xx

I'll go for 7.6. Good luck and let us know asap.

It will be 7.3%, so you may as well give me the prize now! 🙂

Whatever it is, you know that things have improved hugely for you since we first 'met' you on here 🙂 You've worked very hard and it's great to see you getting to grips with the pump you waited for for so long :D

I will go for 7.0 good luck 🙂 x

wow all so optimistic!! 🙂 im hoping for 8 ish or below , but in the 7's would be amazing!!:D i really want to know now! i used to dread the results but now i reaalllyyy reallllyyyyy want to know :D

The results are in !!!!

:D re cap it was 10.8

its now after 2 months on the pump

8.0!!!:D

i am soooooooo pleased!!!

Thats brilliant.............it can only getter better........😉

Terrific news Bex! So pleased for you 🙂 And I'm sure there is more to come as you adapt more fully to the pump.

Well done Bex!!! :D You've got me really excited about going onto a pump now! 🙂 Brilliant improvement, bet you feel better already? Nice one!

Twitchy Signature:

Type 1 since '78, on MDI. HbA1c 5.7% when preg, July HbA1c up to 6.8% Hopefully pumping soon!

Surely you dont need a pump with results like that.........there brilliant....whats your highest Hba1c been?

Highest ever I honestly can't remember (it's been 31 yrs lol!)... the only way I can sustain this kind of level of HbA1c though is by waking myself up at 3.30 am every day & having extra shots of quick acting - bit of a pain 🙄 (Esp when baby does sleep through!) I've been doing this since trying to first get preg for baby number 1, 4 years ago, so it's starting to wear... zzzzzzzz!

I also struggle with the old exercise & background insulin problem, and generally find injections a bit crude etc...what the HbA1c hides is that to achieve those levels over the past few years as well as missing out on a lot of sleep I've generally been a bit generous with the insulin & 'eaten up' to it, as that was the only way I could manage things without going hypo a lot (still been ticked off for too many hypos at times though lol!) I've got retinopathy too after so many years (& I guess my control wasn't brill when a baby/ toddler /child/ teen on 2 jabs a day), so what with that & the need for weight loss, I'm keen to find a better way to control things - luckily I have a really good doc... 🙂

(Baby's just fallen asleep now - a few mins peace to look on this forum! 🙂)

well I hope you get one...........why the 3am QA jab.........

I am similar........I have put on weight from all the insulin going in, and the bigger you are the more you need:(

thanks guys :D , im soo happy i have never had a hba1 as low as this , i thought you were all being mabey a little optimistic with the predictions but seems you were not :D i did not expect such a huge difference in such a short time!🙂

only thing is jakie my dsn phoned today and said because of the huuuge drop in hba1 they want me to have a full on eye screening to see if my dodgey eyes are suffering with all the change , i hope they havnt got any worse ( i think they have though ) that will be hard to deal with as i am the kind of person that has to be pinned down to have eye drops put in lol

well I hope you get one...........why the 3am QA jab.........

I am similar........I have put on weight from all the insulin going in, and the bigger you are the more you need:(

Not always - I am 50% heavier than I was at diagnosis and now using half the insulin! Just goes to show there are no hard and fast rules 🙂

As for pumps, there are many reasons for having one besides getting a 'good' HbA1c. There are many people whose lifestyle can benefit hugely from it. If we put cost aside and just consider how much better (closer control at all times of day and night, more flexible for exercise, food choices, sponteneity etc.) pumps are than injections for many people in contributing to a higher quality of life.

Not always - I am 50% heavier than I was at diagnosis and now using half the insulin! Just goes to show there are no hard and fast rules 🙂=QUOTE]

But surely the more of you there is the more insulin you need, this is what the experts say......

I know your an expert too though....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back