Guess the a1c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucyr

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
So, I have had a lot of blood tests recently for the CFS diagnosis and the diabetes additional tests, and they seem to do an a1c every time.

Here’s your clues
70 March
65 early June
67 late June
I didn’t get the results in July
?? This week

My time in range was 30% ish when I first started NHS funded libre which was maybe 6weeks ago. For the last 4 weeks it’s 71%. I’ll attach some screenshots as clues.

Libre estimated a1c based only on the last 28 days is 55.

Attachments

• IMG_8298.png
    IMG_8298.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8299.png
    IMG_8299.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8300.png
    IMG_8300.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8301.png
    IMG_8301.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 9
If it were for me, an 8.8 average would predict 54+/- 2.

If it were for me, an 8.8 average would predict 54+/- 2.
You’re both very close, i think the reason you and the libre app are slightly under is probably because I don’t have 90
days of data in the libre app but only 28, and I was higher before that. I was surprised how much difference a month of improvement made.

I cant play this game because I already know :rofl:

You’re both very close, i think the reason you and the libre app are slightly under is probably because I don’t have 90
days of data in the libre app but only 28, and I was higher before that. I was surprised how much difference a month of improvement made.
OK, my prediction is based on a correlation I have found in my data between HbA1c and average blood glucose over the last 90 days. If that average had been higher, then I would have predicted a higher HbA1c.

Well - the previous 4 weeks results count for summat like 70% of the A1c answer, the previous 4 wks for c.20% and the oldest 4 for c.10% - hence abso flipping lutely, NEVER been an 'average' ! (even when it was called glycosylated haemoglobin :D:D:D)

It was 57 which I was pleased with given it’s only been 4 weeks of better bgs

It was 57 which I was pleased with given it’s only been 4 weeks of better bgs
Thats a brilliant improvement. You must be really pleased

Well done @Lucyr - that's a great reduction!

Well done!

Onwards and downwards, our Lucy. {{{Hugs}}}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back