Guess my HbA1c (finally)

Status
Not open for further replies.

manu

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I'm finally going to see my Physician this friday. I say finally because the last time I saw him was in March and since then I've tried to be a bit more flexible with my insulin doses, doing a bit of carb counting (I haven't been on a Dafne yet, as recently I couldn't take a whole week off my work). I've had a lot of help from my nurses and from reading this forum, but I still have basal problems, so I'd really like to have a chat with him!!!

I am so curious to know what my HbA1c is, the last one was 6.7 but I believe that was thanks to my million hypos and being started on bolus insulin. I'd be happy with anything below 7 really, considered that before insulin it was 7.8, and more importantly that I am about to close a very stressful chapther of my life, as on friday I submit my dissertation as well 🙂 (and after that, I'll try to be more involved in this forum 🙂 )

I'll let you know how it goes!

At last eh manu, I will take a conservative guess of 6.5%, good luck with your dissertation also x

Thanks Steffie, this is such a stressful time that even if my HbA1c goes up I won't mind, as I won't have to write up 24/7 anymore 🙂

6.4 like me !!!! good luck finishing you disseration !

ill have a guess at 6.2, good luck 🙂

Thanks guys... I say it'll be around 6.6. I'm not much of a risker 🙂

Sorry for such a long delay guys, but I've spent the last week packing and moving, no internet connection etc etc... so last friday I managed to hand in my thesis, after 4 years spent working on it, I cannot believe it yet 🙂 if I wasn't moving I'd have thrown a big party!

Best of all, traceycat made the closest guess, my HbA1c turned out to be 6.1!!!
Well I am sooo happy about it, especially because in the last months I have become more and more independent about managing my meds, so this is a good result for me!

Fantastic! Well done! And great news about the dissertation too - congratulations 🙂

well done manu excellent HbA1c !!! and how relieved you must feel now you dissertation is finished !! good luck with the move x🙂

Well done manu!

In my opinion, there isn't a lot to it once you've learnt about that it's the starchy carbohydrates that cause the damage!

Very best wishes - John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back