Guardian Link 3 and Diathermy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicola1984

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hoping someone might have some answers...

I’ve just had a delivery of Guardian Link 3 sensors and I’m awaiting an appointment with my diabetes team to get started.

I’ve just been having a read through the transmitter instruction manual and it advises removing the sensor and transmitter before entering a room that has x-ray, MRI, diathermy, or CY scan equipment.

Herein lies a problem. I work as a dermatology nurse practitioner and operate daily using a hyfrecator to cauterise blood vessels during surgery. I’m now worried I won’t be able to use this sensor as this may cause it to malfunction.

I wondered if any other Guardian Link 3 users work on healthcare and have come across this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Hoping someone might have some answers...

I’ve just had a delivery of Guardian Link 3 sensors and I’m awaiting an appointment with my diabetes team to get started.

I’ve just been having a read through the transmitter instruction manual and it advises removing the sensor and transmitter before entering a room that has x-ray, MRI, diathermy, or CY scan equipment.

Herein lies a problem. I work as a dermatology nurse practitioner and operate daily using a hyfrecator to cauterise blood vessels during surgery. I’m now worried I won’t be able to use this sensor as this may cause it to malfunction.

I wondered if any other Guardian Link 3 users work on healthcare and have come across this problem?

Thanks in advance!
I have just read that the same guidelines are given for the Libre sensor and I’ve been using that whilst at work without event.

I haven’t gone on fire yet so fingers crossed this is just a safety precaution that they have to mention!

Welcome to the forum @Nicola1984
i don’t have any experience of diathermy, but I hope that it works out for you.
Which pump are you using With it.

Thanks!!
Medtronic 640G. I might give Medtronic a ring today for some advice.
My experience is that they have always been very helpful.
I hope that they are able to clarify.

Thanks so much!!

I’ve spoke to Medtronic and they confirmed that it is more of a precaution than anything else. Definitely not sir use with anything with sting magnets like MRI scanners but otherwise should be fine.

Looking forward to trying the new sensors

Hope they work well for you @Nicola1984

Smartguard and the MM640G was a revelation for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back