Guardian 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

andie.pow

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
I hope someone can help me here. I'm on holiday in Aberystwyth and my last sensor has failed. It looks like I will be stuck here until Saturday. Would anyone have a spair sensor?

You could call Abbot for a replacement (though will take a few days), or ask your GP to order a repeat prescription to a local pharmacy (as prescriptions are electronic you can choose any pharmacy), or call 111, or buy a sensor at a pharmacy, or use fingerpricks until you’re home?

You could call Abbot for a replacement (though will take a few days), or ask your GP to order a repeat prescription to a local pharmacy (as prescriptions are electronic you can choose any pharmacy), or call 111, or buy a sensor at a pharmacy, or use fingerpricks until you’re home?
Lucy it's a Guardian 4 sensor from Medtronic which works to form a closed loop system with the 780 pump, not a Libre and they come direct from the manufacturer I believe, so I don't think a doctor could prescribe one or a pharmacy have them to sell.

I hope someone can help me here. I'm on holiday in Aberystwyth and my last sensor has failed. It looks like I will be stuck here until Saturday. Would anyone have a spair sensor?
I could post one tomorrow, but it is unlikely to get there before Saturday.

What do you have with you? You can run the pump in manual and hopefully you have your test kit with you so that you can Exeter BG. If not can you get an emergency prescription of a Libre sent to the local pharmacy?

When you have been on HCL and have to switch it makes you realise just how much the system is doing for you. Such situations also remind us to carry with us double what we might need when we go away. Just packing at present and i have now put another sensor in, along with e more cannulas than I can imagine needing.

Lucy it's a Guardian 4 sensor from Medtronic which works to form a closed loop system with the 780 pump, not a Libre and they come direct from the manufacturer I believe, so I don't think a doctor could prescribe one or a pharmacy have them to sell.
Ah I didn’t phrase it well and I’m sure the title has changed from when I replied, but surely a libre sensor would be better than nothing and you can just buy one or get one sent to a local pharmacy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back