grumpy

Status
Not open for further replies.

topcat123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
hi
was at the doc today hoping that i would be getting some answers to all my questions about whats happening with my b12s and my blood sugar well my b12 are down "slightly" and now on tablets 3 times a day for that tho i asked if there was a link with my metforman tablets and stated that i would have had the b12 deficiancy before diagnosed with diabetes!!!😱

my hba1c result is 9😱 well i supposed it is better that 13 at first diagnosed, i thought i was doing well getting bs down, got told again that i was doing way tooo much testing b s ( every morning and before and after gym) should just do it twice a week and not to bother doing it before and after gym (i go 2 or 3 times a week) i think that the only thing going well for me is my blood pressure. kinda feel right now that im fighting a loosing battle im far from perfect but im trying and hitting a brick wall.:confused:

I'm not surprised you're grumpy.

The Patient Info Leaflets for Metformin say that it can lead to B12 deficiency in some - is your Dr suggesting the leaflet is wrong.

Then your not getting any encouragement to manage your diabetes - your actively being discouraged. I think you should feel pleased with yourself for the drop in your HbA1C - were you even congratulated on that ?

got the impression of "could do better" go back in a month time and get my blood done again and i got the impression that he is going to farse about with my tablets again appartenly i can be surscribe up to 3 different tablets to get my bs down in one go before going on insulin my everyday bs is around the 8 mark and got it down to 6.9 after gym:confused:

Some doctors are notorious for their lack of support or encouragement. I often feel there is little point in my seeing my doctor at all, except I need the pills.

This forum is brilliant, there is lots of help and ideas here. Because we are all different there is usually something we hadn't thought of trying for ourselves. Keep comming here, it is good to know there is someone who will at least listen to our concerns and where possible help!

Hi you had a reduction in yout hbA that should be congratulated now you just have to work at lowering it each time, some doctors have the tact of a hammer and are very unsupportive i should know i have just left my surgery from one of those, keep at it top you will get there xx

Last edited:
Hi Topcat

I have had serious problems with B12 deficiency for the last 3 years. At first I thought I was going mental. I had no energy, my mouth and gums were covered in ulcers and my heart was pounding all the time.

It took 9 months of visiting different Dentist's and seeing serveral Doctors before it was picked up. I was having blood taken on a visit to the surgery by the Healthcare Technnician and was telling her about the problem. Immediately she said "you sound as if your anemic, I will include the test with your others"

A few days later I got a call from the surgery to see the Doctor. Apparently my B12 levels were seriously low! - she said I would have to have the Hydroxocobalamin (B12) injection for the rest of my life (5 to start with them 1 every 3 months). The injection isn't quite lasting the 3 months. So I'm buying painkillers for my sore mouth and rubbing sensitive toothpaste all over my gums 4 times a day. Dentist and Doctor really unhelpful!

Andy 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back