Grumpiness

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanW

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone, many thanks for the advice on exercise. Things are a lot clearer in my mind now and I now know what I have to do.

Is anyone suffering with 'grumpiness' since being diagnosed? I know I am ... :(

Yeah im still grumpy a year and a bit on lol , just a little bit worse hehe.Its only natural Alan we all suffer it so you aint alone x

Yeah I get it all the time and it's 2 years on for me x

Defin, well actually what i did was when i got dx'd was i went into autopilot and was like a machine and thought... "this is easy!!" (idiot), i was like..."i can do this!!" and bottled it up and got quite obsessed with testing all the time and trying to hit low numbers to point of hypos ALL the time. It was little OCD.

My diabetic team were concerned i was heading for a melt down and becoming consumed by every little detail and number, i read so much online i freaked myself out. So i went on a WINDFAL course, bit like DAPHNE.

They had the psych dr in one day and i listened to 5 other people that had had diabetes for at least 15 yrs, listening to them talk about DKA's and hospitals and seizures. I was a total mess when it came round to me talking about how i found out i was diabetic (i found out by changing doctors, in my new patients check up, very boring, but thank god!). I was even more freaked out. I then started to get quite upset alot for no reason, Well there was a reason, i was feeling sorry for myself haha 🙄

I've been with the D for 3 yrs now and the last yr i have stopped testing so much to the point of not at all some days and i leave taking insulin for too long or forget, the result is my A1C has gone from 5 to 7.5, in 1 yr, may not seem alot i know. But on diagnosis i went from 12 to 5 in about 2-3months. I have gone completely the other way, i'm kinda having my grieving period now. I have such bad grumpy days but at least i'm feeing something and not bottling it up.

Now i just got to find a good balance. I'm testing every time i eat now and before bed, which is something i would not do before, even after drinking a whole bottle of wine with no food, clever! silly! 😡

its tough. a lot can happen in a yr... what will next yr hold!

so truly feel ya xxxx 🙂

Yes, been Dx since 1999 and still get the grumps.

i've been type 1 since 1990 and im still in denial / grumpyness with it now , dont think it ever goes away just rears its ugly head every so often and knocks me sideways.

I get very grumpy, especially when I am innactive or feel no one will allow me to do anything, but still wont let me have any time to myself.

I get very grumpy, especially when I am innactive or feel no one will allow me to do anything, but still wont let me have any time to myself.

ditto caroline !!! grumpy ole women eh have no patch on me ...heheee
seriously yes i get grumpy we all do we are human !!

Defin, well actually what i did was when i got dx'd was i went into autopilot and was like a machine and thought... "this is easy!!" (idiot), i was like..."i can do this!!" and bottled it up and got quite obsessed with testing all the time and trying to hit low numbers to point of hypos ALL the time. It was little OCD.

My diabetic team were concerned i was heading for a melt down and becoming consumed by every little detail and number, i read so much online i freaked myself out. So i went on a WINDFAL course, bit like DAPHNE.

They had the psych dr in one day and i listened to 5 other people that had had diabetes for at least 15 yrs, listening to them talk about DKA's and hospitals and seizures. I was a total mess when it came round to me talking about how i found out i was diabetic (i found out by changing doctors, in my new patients check up, very boring, but thank god!). I was even more freaked out. I then started to get quite upset alot for no reason, Well there was a reason, i was feeling sorry for myself haha 🙄

I've been with the D for 3 yrs now and the last yr i have stopped testing so much to the point of not at all some days and i leave taking insulin for too long or forget, the result is my A1C has gone from 5 to 7.5, in 1 yr, may not seem alot i know. But on diagnosis i went from 12 to 5 in about 2-3months. I have gone completely the other way, i'm kinda having my grieving period now. I have such bad grumpy days but at least i'm feeing something and not bottling it up.

Now i just got to find a good balance. I'm testing every time i eat now and before bed, which is something i would not do before, even after drinking a whole bottle of wine with no food, clever! silly! 😡

its tough. a lot can happen in a yr... what will next yr hold!

so truly feel ya xxxx 🙂

hey kandi im really glad you joined up with us all.... there is so much help on this forum xxx good luck

Ok...that's the 3rd time i've deleted this post by mistake before posting....

I'm a founder member of TEAM GRUMP, i know where you're coming from.
It's an informal alliance between myself, my friend with rheumatoid arthritis and the lady who mans reception. She's got not long term medical conditions as far as i know, but she's nice and has a horrible job🙂
It's a reaction against all the clique-y bitchiness that seems to be indemic in hospital pharmacies. There's too much oestrogen and ego in the air in ours, it's a constant struggle my some people to be Queen of the Dispensary. So yeah, i'm grumpy most days, although some days are grumpier than others.

Yep I get grumpy and days when I feel fed up and far from home as they say but then I just write my self a long letter of all my feelings and gripes, read it through then delete it, make a cup of tea and hope I feel better afterwards.

mine reply is an essay isn't it, compared to everyone else's, hahaha verbal diarrhea!

Yeah...i get the grumps....i'm an old timer (although still young of course 😉 )
...been T1 for 27 years and starting to lose count at that! I am sure its a diabetic thing...we have proof now as well as we all claim to get the grumps 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back