GRRR, Stupid doctors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akasha

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have recentley moved and on my last prescription attached a note asking them to change my address.
Upon picking up my prescription on sat, i found a note attached saying 'Please find another doctors, as you are now out of our area'
I fuming! I droped the note in on Tuesday! If they had had the decentcy to phone me, i could have found and registered at another surgury!!!

I now have 2 weeks (as i only have enough test strips to last that long) to find a new doctors, get rigistered, get info transfered over and get a prescription, and get booked for a flu jab!

😡

That is a terrible way to treat a pacient which you were at the time, common curtiousy would of been a phone call or even a letter, can you write a letter of complaint?2 weeks is no time at all for all you need to do when i changed docs it took 6 weeks for things to be sorted proper.

Good luck hun xx

That is not on as you said they could have the common decency to phone and given you more time to change docs. It takes time to change docs and sometimes with other commitments getting in the way can be difficult.

That is SOOOO annoying. I'd be fumming too. I hope you get things sorted quickly.

Just found out that other half will have to change doctors also. :(

Having phoned a surgury recomended to me, they said that i need to pop in and fill out the paperwork.
When do i have time to pop in and fill out paperwork, when i work 9-5 and it takes me 45 min drive each way! I can afford to miss time off work! 😡

Hi there Akasha did you manage to sort anything out? x

Does your new surgey have a website where you can download the forms from? When I was thinking of switching surgeries that was what I was going to do and have the form all ready to fill in.

Sure if you when you contact the new surgery you say you are diabetic they will sort you out quickly - but that might be too sensible.

Could be you need to make a phone call to the controlling PCT offices and seek help.

Good luck.

I phoned new surgery about registering, and was told to go in.
Went in before work on tues, to be told that i needed to make an appointment to register. I was told the earlist app was in 2 weeks time.
I replyed with 'are yous ure there is nothing sooner? Both my partner and I are diabetics!' (quite calm for me tbh.)
I landed an app later that day :D
Been, registed, had blood pressure, height weight ect taken. Am now registered, BUT i have another appiontment to sort out my repeat prescripton... 😡

I phoned new surgery about registering, and was told to go in.
Went in before work on tues, to be told that i needed to make an appointment to register. I was told the earlist app was in 2 weeks time.
I replyed with 'are yous ure there is nothing sooner? Both my partner and I are diabetics!' (quite calm for me tbh.)
I landed an app later that day :D
Been, registed, had blood pressure, height weight ect taken. Am now registered, BUT i have another appiontment to sort out my repeat prescripton... 😡

glad your registered though hun that was the main worry, hope everything else sorts itself out x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back