Ground cinnamon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sucr`e

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Has anyone heard of using ground cinnamon as a form of cholesterol control?

Only heard of it for diabetes and research is being carried out for injections containing a large amount of cinnamon for diabetic neuropathy. I'm now sprinkling enthusiastically on my Weetabix.
Joan
Diagnosed Jan 2009 on insulin since May

I've been using cinnamon and other spices in place of most of the salt and sweeteners I used to use. They have been traditionally regarded as a stimulant, but whether they have any real medical value I couldn't say.

I like them for the taste, nothing more. But... I'll keep an eye out for more research because it would be so nice if something good was actually good for us.

Thanks fellow sufferers for the feedback on Cinnamon.I see from the link that it has only been tested on mice so far. I think i will wait until there is more info.

Does anyone take cinammon in capsule form? Simply Supplements do cinammon in capsule form and i'm wondering if it's worth buying these and trying them out to see if they make a difference to BS levels. At the moment i only have about a 1/4 of a tsp of cinammon in my coffee first thing in the morning but that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back