Gremlins on the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Docb

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I am sure all the regulars will have noted that the Diabetes Fairy's cousins, the Pesky Gremlins, have got into the forum giving new threads multiple starts. It's something I cannot do anything about except to try and remove the duplicate posts but it has been like playing whack-a-mole when you have double vision.

It would happen on a day when @everydayupsanddowns was busy elsewhere but he will be around in the morning and I am sure he will be straight onto the boffins. In the mean time bear with us until it is sorted and if you want to contribute to the topic under discussion maybe post on the OLDEST appearance of the thread. It is much more straightforward in dealing with duplicates if there are no replies.

PS...many thanks to those reporting duplicates. It has made them much easier to find!

I am sure all the regulars will have noted that the Diabetes Fairy's cousins, the Pesky Gremlins, have got into the forum giving new threads multiple starts. It's something I cannot do anything about except to try and remove the duplicate posts but it has been like playing whack-a-mole when you have double vision.

It would happen on a day when @everydayupsanddowns was busy elsewhere but he will be around in the morning and I am sure he will be straight onto the boffins. In the mean time bear with us until it is sorted and if you want to contribute to the topic under discussion maybe post on the OLDEST appearance of the thread. It is much more straightforward in dealing with duplicates if there are no replies.

PS...many thanks to those reporting duplicates. It has made them much easier to find!

There you go...they got me as well but I have a clue...

@everydayupsanddowns What seems to be happening is that when you try to put up a new thread you get a "server error message". If you clear that error and try to post again, you get the error message again. Clear that and repeat and you get the error message once more. Problem is that the post is made even though there is an error message and so you get multiple posts.

Only happens on "new" threads. You can add to a thread it seems without any problem.

It gives multiple replies to posts. My message comes up at Oooops we have run into some problems, try again later. But the reply still posts several times even if you don't do anything more.
Lets see what happens now.

I can add to a thread but the 'response icons - like thumbs up' gives a server error

Sounds like the back-end database needs to be repaired. Dupes is a common problem in the database world.

I can add to a thread but the 'response icons - like thumbs up' gives an error ' please try again later..

Oh, no I can't now add to a thread. Trying to post this will be hit and miss.

I will give up trying to post or reply until the problem is sorted

Man, this problem is very irritating!!!

I can add to a thread but the 'response icons - like thumbs up' gives an error ' please try again later..

Oh, no I can't now add to a thread. Trying to post this will be hit and miss.

I will give up trying to post or reply until the problem is sorted
Interesting. I managed to like your post (just to try it out.) with no issue.

Though I did run into an error posting the above. Then ran with the “new poster message” bar. Hit view, & there my message above, was.

Work-around for the moment is to ignore the error message and refresh the page after posting - your post will appear fine - it's repeated clicking of the post button that is causing the duplicates

Yes, refreshing worked for me. I’m on an ipad, but didn’t know if it would work for others.

I can add to a thread but the 'response icons - like thumbs up' gives a server error

Just tried it and it worked ok for me just now (on your post).

Earlier the forum page wouldn’t load for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back