Great result for me today I'm pleased to report...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peely66

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
After worrying that the health issues I have been experiencing over the last 3 years may be connected to autonomic nerve damage and banging my head against a bit of a brick wall with my GPs and feeling cast adrift and generally forgotten about I've finally had a review with a diabetes doctor at the hospital via video link this morning. He seemed like an excellent chap and addressed all of the issues on the list I'd written down including giving me the contact details of the DSN team and funding for Libre without me even asking. Someone asked me recently why I was self funding. Had I asked for it to be funded? The answer to that was I had no one to ask till now!! The GP I spoke to early last year had never heard of it so that was a dead loss and neither had the HCP who carries out my yearly reviews but it was the HCP who put in the referral after I finally asked for help. Also the referral has only taken 4 months which, I think, in the current climate is astonishing.

I'm so pleased that I finally feel like I have access to some knowledgeable support again as I have had in the past rather than just once a year toe tickling and bloods.

Delighted to hear that you are now getting the support you need and fab that you didn't even have to argue your corner for Libre on prescription although I imagine the memos going around about the new NICE guidelines have it at the front of their minds just now..... In case you don't know, the NICE guidelines are changing and all Type 1s will be eligible for Libre.

Hope it doesn't take too long for the consultant's letter to arrive with your GP and the Libre sensors to appear on your prescription list. Took months for mine and I have been waiting for the upgrade to Libre 2 since June.... not in any great hurry though.

I've got my telephone appointment with the consultant next Tue and quite looking forward to it. I've also got a list that I've been adding things to over the past couple of months as that 10 min appointment can whizz past and afterwards you think.... "Arrgh! I didn't ask about this or that" and it's then another 6-8 months before you have the chance to ask again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back