Great, no sharps boxes in Cornwall

Misunderstood

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
How frustrating I now have to pay for a sharps bin, collection and recycling.

There must be some @ME3 even if they’re not your usual size. Collection is free. Why are you having to pay? :(

Sharps disposal is a postcode lottery and it doesn't surprise me that some councils are starting to charge for collection/disposal or more like that they have contracted out and the contractor is charging. I suspect it will backfire on the council at some point if this genuinely is their policy.

I am surprised that you are not being prescribed a sharps box though. That should be standard NHS policy surely.

There is no recycling of sharps by the way, they need to be incinerated.

There must be some @ME3 even if they’re not your usual size. Collection is free. Why are you having to pay? :(
Was looking at the Cornwall Council website. Thats what it says.

Was looking at the Cornwall Council website. Thats what it says.

I’ve just looked for you and it seems you don’t pay. You just have to book a collection each time you need it:

It’s there as One Off collections, as you don’t need them weekly or whatever. You should be able to get a sharps bin added to your prescription if your GP doesn’t give them out.

I’ve just looked for you and it seems you don’t pay. You just have to book a collection each time you need it:

It’s there as One Off collections, as you don’t need them weekly or whatever. You should be able to get a sharps bin added to your prescription if your GP doesn’t give them out.
Ah OK, thats very kind, however they dont replace the sharps bins. ?

I live in Cornwall. When I need a new sharps bin I just ask at my GP's and they give me one. When I need it collected I ring the appropriate number at the Council and leave it outside before 7am on the day they tell me. No charge.

Oh oops Thanks.

Back