Grape skin extract may soon be answer to treating diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The diabetes rate in the United States nearly doubled in the past 10 years. Approximately 26 million Americans are now classified as diabetic, stressing an urgent need for safe and effective complementary strategies to enhance the existing conventional treatment for diabetes.

Preliminary studies by researchers at Wayne State University have demonstrated that grape skin extract (GSE) exerts a novel inhibitory activity on hyperglycemia and could be developed and used to aid in diabetes management. Recently funded by the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine of the National Institutes of Health, this $2.1 million transitional study will provide insights into the novel inhibitory action of GSE on postprandial hyperglycemia and will also provide preclinical data in support of the biological effectiveness and safety of GSE and its components in potential prevention and treatment of type 2 diabetes.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2014-05-grape-skin-diabetes.html

So I should stop making the minion peel my grapes then?

Yes Alison. at once.

But I personally drink a titration of Grapes and their skins from time to time and find it extremely beneficial to not only diabetes, but also my complete health and mood. It comes in various colours and strengths and is widely available throughout Europe. (Scottish and Irish versions do not count, neither do the ones made with juniper berries or sugar cane, though these can be taken whilst trying to decide which Grape one to try first, and may be of some benefit to the patient, but just not quite the same as the Grape)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back