graham and mum back from party

Status
Not open for further replies.

grahams mum

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
we went to the party and the mum was there with her husband no othr parents only the organiser of the party and ........ when it was time to eat i did the test and injection andshe was stering (spelling?) like an iena and i am not kidding (i was thinking you try to say something and you loose your job) she is a nurse this why she thinks she is wright you could see she was fuming then she said something to her husband then she left for 5 minutes and she came back i think she needeed to cool down it was to much for her:D i kept myself composed and try not to get stressed and she could not do nothing 😛:D i am very pleased with myself and some frinds already rang me to know what happened so the score is diabetes 1-nurse 0😎

well done daneilla for keeping your cool its just so sad that you had to go through all that stress ....hope graham had a good time xxx

Well done Daniela ... :D😉 ... Its hard for us mam's to keep cool under such stress ... especially when the stresser is a Nurse ...😡

Hope Graham had a brilliant time at the party ..

Heidi
xx:D

Well done, not only did you have the moral high ground, you had the upper hand. If you are able to keep your cool and deal with facts you can win most arguments.

Woo hoo how brilliant are you. Well done Daniela.
🙂

another question about the party venue the bowling place in bexhill (adrienne knows ) they did not have any nutricional guide about the food serve and i was not very happy about the sugar free drinks they were served all in glasses and i was keep asking are they diet are they sugar free and the food portion was so big especially chips i am not sure the drinks were sugar free he went to the party 13 and bfore lunch after 1 hour of bowling was 24 could have been the excitment and the excercise to make it so high and the answers about the food they dont have any nutricional guide do they have to have it by law?? i remember now they sid drinks are not added sugars but it dosnot mean that they are sugar free are they ? you can still have high sugars in natural drinks or fresh juices with no added sugars am i wright ???

Last edited:
When I asked about sugar free and no added sugar I was told any thing that says no added sugar is not sugar free so orange juice for example can have no extra suagr in it, but it can have naturally occuring sugar. Diet coke is sugar free which means there is no sugar in it, it is sweetend with aspartamine or sacharine or any number of artifical sweetners. ANything unsweetened I think has no sugar in it, but I'm not sure if it contains artficifial sweetner. Hope that makes sense.

yes it does bot i wasnot sure if i was wright thanks

another question about the party venue the bowling place in bexhill (adrienne knows ) they did not have any nutricional guide about the food serve and i was not very happy about the sugar free drinks they were served all in glasses and i was keep asking are they diet are they sugar free and the food portion was so big especially chips i am not sure the drinks were sugar free he went to the party 13 and bfore lunch after 1 hour of bowling was 24 could have been the excitment and the excercise to make it so high and the answers about the food they dont have any nutricional guide do they have to have it by law?? i remember now they sid drinks are not added sugars but it dosnot mean that they are sugar free are they ? you can still have high sugars in natural drinks or fresh juices with no added sugars am i wright ???
Well done Daniela, you did yourself proud!!
I never trust thosr places when they say the drinks are sugar free and they've already been poured out- could easily get mixed up. Usually excitement and exercise would bring J down so sound like it may not have been suger free. Also I've never seen any nutritional info at these places either- I don't think there is a law saying they have to display it however I may be wrong.
You should be proud of yourself for the way you handled things today.
Caryn
PS I'm a nurse and feel ashamed that a fellow colleague could behave in this way- it's a disgrace.Luckily we're not all like that 🙂

i think i am going to buy those "Diastick"

i think i am going to buy those "Diastick"

Yes I think I would like those, let me know where you get them from please, when you do. 🙂

I got some in Sainsbury's pharmacy. I've tried them at home and they react to full-sugar coke and not to diet coke. Won't be going to the pub without them now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back