GP refusing test strips after 8 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazza63

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I've come here for some advice. I was diagnosed Type2 in 2015. I was issued a blood test meter and test strips, and received 2 packs of strips per month on prescription since then. Today, apparently because I'm not on insulin, I didn't get my strips. When I rang my GP, the receptionist told me I was getting too many strips, and instead of testing 3-4 times a day, it should be once a WEEK! I can't speak to a doctor about this till 27th April which I'm really angry about and don't know what to do.

I've come here for some advice. I was diagnosed Type2 in 2015. I was issued a blood test meter and test strips, and received 2 packs of strips per month on prescription since then. Today, apparently because I'm not on insulin, I didn't get my strips. When I rang my GP, the receptionist told me I was getting too many strips, and instead of testing 3-4 times a day, it should be once a WEEK! I can't speak to a doctor about this till 27th April which I'm really angry about and don't know what to do.
You seem to have double posted this.

I have responded to your other post too.

I’d be happy you got the test strips for so long as that’s very unusual for a T2 unless on certain medication. You must have learnt what does and doesn’t spike your bg over the last 8 years of testing 3-4 times a day by now? Or are you on medication like insulin where you do need to test before meals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back