Government spends ?5.8m on NHS consultancy firms - many of whom help out Tories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
MINISTERS have been lavishing millions of pounds on consultants to push through the Government?s controversial health reforms.

Many of the firms used by the Department of Health have given thousands in ?non-cash? donations ? advice, staff and policy work ? to the Conservatives.

Figures obtained by the Mirror show NHS watchdog Monitor has spent nearly ?10million ? enough to pay for more than 300 nurses.

It comes as the health service faces a massive budget squeeze which has seen operations cancelled and staff laid off.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/government-spends-58m-on-nhs-consultancy-1519174

How many nurses could be employed if we didn't pay for full time union officials

http://conservativehome.blogs.com/l...of-trade-union-salaries-over-the-past-th.html

Like Dave said "it's nice work if you can get it"

What would you rather spend the money on? nurses or shop stewards? I think that article is just the tip of the iceberg.

The expenses scandal that continues today shows what a corrupt house parliament has become and very few of it's members arn't tainted in some way or other.

How many nurses could be employed if we didn't pay for full time union officials

http://conservativehome.blogs.com/l...of-trade-union-salaries-over-the-past-th.html

Like Dave said "it's nice work if you can get it"

What would you rather spend the money on? nurses or shop stewards? I think that article is just the tip of the iceberg.

The expenses scandal that continues today shows what a corrupt house parliament has become and very few of it's members arn't tainted in some way or other.

Thats disgusting, but I don't think local councils fund NHS nurses do they? It could provide more care in the community though.

And it is just the tip of the iceberg, my son has just had his shift pattern changed to 3 days on 3 days off with shifts of 13, 8 and 8 hours(records clerk at an NHS hospital, fetches the patient records for clinics/consultants etc) and he has to say where he is when not working in case one of the other 2 go off sick.

Thats disgusting, but I don't think local councils fund NHS nurses do they? It could provide more care in the community though.

And it is just the tip of the iceberg, my son has just had his shift pattern changed to 3 days on 3 days off with shifts of 13, 8 and 8 hours(records clerk at an NHS hospital, fetches the patient records for clinics/consultants etc) and he has to say where he is when not working in case one of the other 2 go off sick.

It is irrelevant as it's all paid for by taxes of one form or another and as for shifts the private sector has had such things for many years as companies went after more efficient and cost effective ways of working. But my main point is that there will always be massive waste in government and people setting out to help their mates but trying to make it a tory thing is wrong it is all parties of all colours. Labour wasted tens of millions on private finance initiatives that have saddled the NHS and many local authorities and schools with decades of debt all to keep the cost of new buildings off the public debt balance sheet as they had already massively over spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back