• People with diabetes are currently being contacted to receive the Covid-19 vaccine. Should you have any questions about how this might affect your blood sugar levels, then call our Helpline for support and information on managing your diabetes at this time.Updates: Coronavirus and diabetes
  • Are you currently doing less than 30 mins physical activity per week and would like support to help you move more? Get in touch with our Physical Activity Helpline here

Government Roadmap - Covid19

Amity Island

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi Everyone,

This is the link to the official government roadmap document out of the restrictions.

You can skip to pages 43 and 44 (which is 47&48 on pdf page counter) if you just want the key dates of lifting restrictions.

To me, it looks like there won't be any meaningful changes until STEP 2 on Monday 12th April, when things start in earnest with businesses re-opening and travel is allowed and overnight stays etc.

So you can put 12th April in your diaries! (tentatively perhaps! lol)

Last edited:

Leadinglights

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
It does seem a long time but why waste all the work done to open up too much too quickly, look what happened before. You will always get people who will stretch the rules beyond the limit and put people at risk. I hope people will be more cautious this time and not go rushing off on holiday at the first opportunity and think of the people who have lost their livelihood or lives. Also think of all those exhausted NHS workers and teachers trying to deliver some sort of education to children. One step at a time until all adults get vaccinated, then we might get some normality back.

Becka

My opinion on the date for phase two is that I am shielding and not due my second vaccine dose until sometime around April 12th!

But it is phase 3 which matters to me, as that is when you can stay overnight in someone's home, so I still would not be able to visit my dad until at least May 17th. Which will be around the time he gets his second dose too.

Amity Island

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
My first trip will be to the coast for some fresh air!

There's something deeply spiritual about being near the open sea, waves crashing, seagulls squawking. It's that constant hypnotic motion. It can be quite a scary experience being on open water, but when your feet are firmly on the sand, there's nothing more invigorating and calming at the same time.

Stitch147

Relationship to Diabetes
MODY
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Great Dorset Steam Fair goes ahead this year in August. I really missed it last year.

eggyg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
My first trip will be to the coast for some fresh air!

There's something deeply spiritual about being near the open sea, waves crashing, seagulls squawking. It's that constant hypnotic motion. It can be quite a scary experience being on open water, but when your feet are firmly on the sand, there's nothing more invigorating and calming at the same time.
Mine too. Can’t wait.

eggyg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Great Dorset Steam Fair goes ahead this year in August. I really missed it last year.
We’ve booked South Devon for two weeks end of August beginning September. Fingers crossed all is well. Won’t be rushing abroad this year though. Been all over the world think I’ll be ok missing a couple of years.