Government deny request to publish NHS risk register

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The government has denied a request from peers to publish the risk assessment of the NHS overhaul in England.

Announcing the veto, Health Minister Earl Howe told peers that publishing the report would be "inappropriate" while the reforms announced in the Health and Social Care Act 2012 were still "bedding down."

An Information Tribunal had ruled in March 2012 that the risk register should be published.

The risk register is a written document drawn up by policymakers that lists the threat to the delivery of services from any changes.

The NHS risk register was put together at the same time the white paper outlining government plans to reform the NHS was compiled.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/democracylive/house-of-lords-28234731

Methinks when they won't let something be made public, then that must mean they have something to hide. And now especially since that other pile of pooh they'd swept under the carpet has been shown a glimmer of the light of day - I'm even more inclined to believe that they have.

I'm not without sin myself I don't suppose - but I'd happily stand at the front of the stone throwing queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back