Got the powder form of metformin

Status
Not open for further replies.

gail2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
as some of you know im having problems keeping my meds down. Following advice from people on here when i saw my gp today i asked about Competact (pioglitazone/metformin combined) he said that was not suitable for me also asked about the powder form of metformin he said yes he was willing to try that and gave me a prescription for a weeks worth. So off i trot to the chemists and they dont have it in stock but will try to get it in for tomorrow I hope it works am tired of normal metformin i mean the size of them and I take 6 of them a day:( Will let you know how I get on with them
cheers Hes also put my insulin to 60 units a day now
gail

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great news Gail - some progress! Hope that the powders work OK and help to cut down on those huge pills! 🙂 Let us know how things go.

Glad you managed to get it, hope you can tolerate the powder x

Good luck Gail, I hope this works for you. I know the misery Metformin can cause until you get the dose right or your body accepts it more readily (and yes they are like horse pills aren't they ?).

Keep us posted how things are going for you.

Good luck Gail - I am also struggling with Metformin but still at the laughing stage at the size of them! I should be on 3 x 500 a day but can only manage 2. However the nurse did say it was OK to take my time adapting to them. So I am.

good luck gail xxx hope it helps you out 🙂

Not heard about the powder form - goo luck with it🙂

As a matter of interest (some say nosiness!) what is it that some people find hard about taking tablets - I don't mean the effect once they digest, but the actual swollowing - is it the feeling in the mouth - it is a bit alien to swallow something so hard without chewing and Metformin is so bitter:(

I take 2 x metformin 3 times a day and also take a cholesterol tablet and fish oil capsule at the same time evey morning - I shove the whole handful in at once and take a gulp of water - not got a particular hate of taking tabs but don't think I could do them one at a time. Now if they were chocolate coated.......:D

Not heard about the powder form - goo luck with it🙂

As a matter of interest (some say nosiness!) what is it that some people find hard about taking tablets - I don't mean the effect once they digest, but the actual swollowing - is it the feeling in the mouth - it is a bit alien to swallow something so hard without chewing and Metformin is so bitter:(

I take 2 x metformin 3 times a day and also take a cholesterol tablet and fish oil capsule at the same time evey morning - I shove the whole handful in at once and take a gulp of water - not got a particular hate of taking tabs but don't think I could do them one at a time. Now if they were chocolate coated.......:D

i take mine after food in evening 1x metaformin 1xstertraline 2x star flower oil ...all at once one big glup and they're gone !

powder metformin

hi I am taking powder metformin as the pill where not working well for me I have been taking powder for 2 weeks now with no side effects, which I did have quite badly with pills good luck hope they work for you. pat

i had the first powder one this morning it was foul but i gulped it all in one go and managed to keep it down and not be sick So i guess its a choice of huge tablets i cant keep down or powder thats yuk maybe i will get used to it:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back