Got myself a bit concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm not sure where I should be posting this because it's kind of not related but is at the the time

So a couple of times before I got error 6 messages on my wavesense jazz meter and when looking at what it means it says test strip talk to long and then says it could be a combination of cold operating conditions and high level of hematocrit. I didn't think anything of it at time and just retested by having not been well this week I sundlly remembered it having that error before and decided to look up what hematocrit(this is what I'm concerned is about now I was given a background to say I was concerned) was(big mistake) and well looking things something cause I couldn't help but think we'll I do get some of thwat (I know I should never Google symptoms etc) but now I can't stop my mind oh dear is something else seriously wrong(like u said before since digougous I tend to over think things and jump to the worst case serinrio)

Last edited:
It could quite simply mean you took to long to put enough blood on the test strip. 🙄

The a common reason for a high haematocrit reading is dehydration so your blood has a higher number of red blood cells in a given volume.

It could quite simply mean you took to long to put enough blood on the test strip. 🙄
No this was after it starting the process of counting down I almost also mange to do that stight away in not taking about having that problem now I just remembered while being unwell.

The a common reason for a high haematocrit reading is dehydration so your blood has a higher number of red blood cells in a given volume.
So nothing to complete panic about then.

No this was after it starting the process of counting down I almost also mange to do that stight away in not taking about having that problem now I just remembered while being unwell.
Great then perhaps think before you post so people don't waste their time answering you only to find yet again you have moved the goal posts.

Great then perhaps think before you post so people don't waste their time answering you only to find yet again you have moved the goal posts.
Sorry I think you misunderstood my post people as this wasn't what I was doing. Pherod I didn't explain probably I was giving background to why I got myself concern.( I hate causing issues and upset as this the opposite to who I am) and I di think before I post

So I do mean I concerned now but my concern wasnt about getting to that error now it was about posibiry if high haematocrit this is what my original post meant.(no goal posts changed) I hope this doesn't cause any more upset

And al
So I do mean I concerned now but my concern wasnt about getting to that error now it was about posibiry if high haematocrit this is what my original post meant.(no goal posts changed) I hope this doesn't cause any more upset
I did try to think what the best way of explaining it was before I posted but I guess I got wrong(this I'm just trying to explain that I am thinking before I post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back