• Are you currently doing less than 30 mins physical activity per week and would like support to help you move more? Get in touch with our Physical Activity Helpline here
  • Want to share your experiences of the coronavirus pandemic? Take our survey:Covid Healthcare Survey.

Got my mouth cancer Biopsy Tuesday

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
the nerves are now jingling as i have my mouth biopsy first thing Tuesday and yes the nerves are really jingling sat here typing this.

what bothers me the most is the timing just before the Easter hols and worse i will have stitches in so will be in a lot of pain over the weeks till this settles down.

the reason for the biopsy is that i had a growth some time ago a biopsy was done but luckily came back benign this one is because i tested positive for a mouth swab and had nightmares with that this is been done for safety measures.

yes i know there are people on here who know me from been on here for so long but at home with Tee gone i will be sat here on my own facing this dam thing alone. i have arranged external support but it is not the same as having someone at home to be with me when in pain.

unlike the bowel screening with this one there are only 2 results benign or the worse outcome.

Paulbreen

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
God Mickey it’s never ending for you at the minute, best of luck for your tests.

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
this is the final one now been long running because of a resistant bug problem which turned in to nightmares.

the screening unit carried out treatment which went on for 2 weeks but then things went pear shaped and my own doctors then had a nightmare trip with me trying to get this bug to clear up.

there is now only 2 ways this biopsy result can go and lets hope it is good outcome. the worse thing is waiting but while i am waiting at least the healing can then begin be it painful to start with, plenty of salt water gargling and ice cream here we come.

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
i telephoned the hospital and i am def down for the operation first thing in the morning. 4-6 weeks wait for results hopefully by then my mouth would of healed nicely.

going to be a hellish diet soups , soft meatballs ravioli soft burgers and ice cream. as things heal the diet can then change and sods law i bought a ready meal now only fit for the bin.

when i go in the morning i will mention the weight loss so they might hurry things up then again prob not.

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I hope it all goes well for you tomorrow (((hugs)))

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
what i could do with is having someone move in with me for a month plenty of decorating to be done and also must be good at cooking various soups, guess i can only dream got plenty of tinned soups in and ice cream. :) something else i just thought i could have dumplings with gravy the dumplings are soft and would also be filling

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
i am all done but by god i went really dizzy and had to wait a while as they didn't want me to pass out.

sat here with a tongue with stitches :confused: going to be at least a few hours before i can attempt warm soup this is going to be well tough over the next days. off for a lay down in a bit.

aviator

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
I do hope all goes well for you with your healing and the results.It is a lot to cope with alone.

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
sods law when i was talking to my step sister at dinner time a stitch came out so telephoned the hospital who asked me to go back to hospital. all very well got half way there and be blown another stitch came out!

i saw the doctor who did the procedure and she showed me the site i was more than happy to leave it without stitches big risk as that means it is an open wound.

had a lay down got up to horrendous pain seems i now have referred pain as they call it.

with the site open there is the risk of infection and with getting referred pain i am monitoring closely. started gargling with salt water. if it does get bad then i will ring 111 hoping that i don't have to go this route though or with me having a procedure i do have the better option of just going to a+e

many thanks for the well wishes, i do have external support of Macmillan who i can ring any time.

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
got a letter the other day and they think that some how the thyroid cartilage has some how been damaged hence the bleeding talk about pain. they are doing it as an urgent for obvious reasons.