Got my Dexcom One!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronH83

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The big day finally came, collected the starter pack from the hospital on Monday and had a Zoom meeting with the Dexcom rep and my DSN this morning. Changeover from Libre 2 to Dexcom was brilliant, the rep talked me through everything I needed to know and my DSN wants me to keep in touch because this is his first experience with Dexcom One as well.

So far, I'm noticing better accuracy. Previously I'd been using Libre 2, Diabox and G Watch, so the only thing I'm missing is getting my sugars on my watch but I can live without that. Prescriptions are all changed and my pharmacy has been notified that I'll need a transmitter. Also looking forward to being able to (legitimately, lol) use it on areas other than the upper arm.

Attachments

• IMG-20221207-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20221207-WA0000.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1
The big day finally came, collected the starter pack from the hospital on Monday and had a Zoom meeting with the Dexcom rep and my DSN this morning. Changeover from Libre 2 to Dexcom was brilliant, the rep talked me through everything I needed to know and my DSN wants me to keep in touch because this is his first experience with Dexcom One as well.

So far, I'm noticing better accuracy. Previously I'd been using Libre 2, Diabox and G Watch, so the only thing I'm missing is getting my sugars on my watch but I can live without that. Prescriptions are all changed and my pharmacy has been notified that I'll need a transmitter. Also looking forward to being able to (legitimately, lol) use it on areas other than the upper arm.
Good stuff! Wanna dexcom.

I tried out the Dexcom One last week and compared it to the Libre 2, which I was wearing at the same time. During the first 24h the Dexcom was trending 1.5-2 mmol higher than the Libre and my glucose meter. After that, all three were pretty much the same for the rest of the week.

I was using the Dexcom receiver because my phone isn’t compatible with the Dex 1 app. The visuals are much more basic than the Libre reader’s - that was the only big difference between the two systems for me.

I REALLY enjoyed not having to “flash” the Dex 1 receiver tho. That was a definite bonus for me.

Glad to hear you’re happy with your new toy @AaronH83. 🙂

Good stuff @AaronH83

Hope you get on well with it.

Dex G6 has been great for me, though I do get frustrated by the lag and the ‘only every 5 minutes’ updates or whatever it is. That can feel like an eternity sometimes!

Is it possible to link the Dexcom One to an Apple Watch? I've looked everywhere and can't find a definitive answer albeit it does seem unlikely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back