Got away with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharron1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
As the title notes I was lucky. After a particular non diabetic feast of chocolates, Stollen and crisps. I gave in and tested and it returned an 8.5. A higher result than I have ever had. But then again I hadn't been eating all those carbs. After a normal low carb supper number back to 5.5. It was just interesting to see what a carby treat fest would deliver

See…you can eat Carbs 😉

I stick to tried and proved 100-130 carbs daily. Decided to loosen diet over Xmas. New Year is next on my higher carby fest!
In case I had any ideas saw proper Easter Eggs today in Tesco...

Can I ask what is the NHS low calorie diet ? Can I find this online ?
Thank you and well done xx
The "Newcastle Diet"

An eight week 800 calorie shake based diet.

I did it myself, using Tesco shakes.
There are quite a few threads on here about it, it's been quite successful.
Hopefully it's possible to reverse diabetes with it, so it's not diet control, or a diet for life.

As the title notes I was lucky. After a particular non diabetic feast of chocolates, Stollen and crisps. I gave in and tested and it returned an 8.5. A higher result than I have ever had. But then again I hadn't been eating all those carbs. After a normal low carb supper number back to 5.5. It was just interesting to see what a carby treat fest would deliver
Why "lucky"?
Just a normal response that shows you can cope with carbs again.
A great result.

I am the wrong person to ask. I don't count calories but arrived at the carb number by reading food labels, mental arithmetic and weighing scales. Then it was a matter of seeing what worked for me by testing and then more testing. I test very little now just to keep an eye on things. Good luck with it all.

You can read all about the one I did here..I was part of the original 5000 pilot 😉

My thread about my journey is here

I am the wrong person to ask. I don't count calories but arrived at the carb number by reading food labels, mental arithmetic and weighing scales. Then it was a matter of seeing what worked for me by testing and then more testing. I test very little now just to keep an eye on things. Good luck with it all.
I did it the other way round and counted Calories rather than Carbs, but looks like we both ended with the same result, so just proves both ways work 😉

...for me, It got easier as time passed, as you get to know what's what without actually needing to weigh everything, but sounds like you're well on your way, well done!

That’s pretty normal.
I had a cake last week and got an 8.
Two hours 7.6
Three hours later back down to the 5s

Something is clearly working!

I did it the other way round and counted Calories rather than Carbs, but looks like we both ended with the same result, so just proves both ways work 😉

...for me, It got easier as time passed, as you get to know what's what without actually needing to weigh everything, but sounds like you're well on your way, well done!
Thanks. I agree it did get easier as time passed. Weighing porridge was a nightmare the stuff went everywhere. I soon gave that and buy the sachets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back