Got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigeon

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
3rd October, to get my Medtronic 640G. Any recommendations for ladies on belts, pouches etc to hold it in? Think I'll start off wearing trousers with pockets but I do normally wear dresses for work so I'll have to get creative with where to stick it!

Great news Pigeon! Sorry can't give any advice as my pump just sticks on. Looking forward to hearing how you get on 🙂

I don't wear dresses except on special occasions when I use a thigh pouch for my pump. It doesn't feel secure enough to wear on a daily basis though. I do have one tunic that has pockets that I have cut a hole in so I can feed the tube through, and a shirt waister where the tubing goes between the buttons and the pump sits on my belt. I keep hoping that shirtwaisters will come back into fashion as the one I have is getting a bit old!
I've read that lots of women use a pouch that clips on their bra but I've not tried that as I like to have easy access to my pump. Another reason for not using the thigh pouch all day!

I stuff my pump in the front of my bra, or under the side strap under my arm when I have my Libre in the fron for easier access. No one notices and who cares if they do. I tried a variety of pouches and belts but keep giong back to this method, and find it weird if it is not there now.

Good news @Pigeon 🙂 I've used Medtronic for about the past 12 years now, I love my 640g and their customer care is excellent.

I usually clip my pump on my waistband, in a pocket and on the rare occasion I wear a dress I clip it in the middle of my bra. There are some different ideas of pump belts etc here.https://www.funkypumpers.com/

I hope all goes well getting started with your 640g pump.🙂

dresses are challenging, as you do need to be able to get at it. Otherwise I have a belt thingy and pouches from pouchforall.co.uk

Not long now. They are very good & worth the few weeks effort at start of pumping. I would not part with mine o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back