Gordon Bennett!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy HB

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just had the mother of all cramps in my right calf muscle!

It was almost as bad as the ones I used to get pre-diagnosis, so I decided to use one of my precious test strips!

3.9!

Whoa! Where did THAT come from? :confused:

Just another piece of information to further confuse my GP, I think!

Andy

Last edited:
Hi Andy hope your ok now and you had a good sleep, do you think you may be coming down with something? x

Hi Andy hope your ok now and you had a good sleep, do you think you may be coming down with something? x

I did get some sleep last night and despite it being frequently interrupted, I seem fairly bright today.

But I don't think I'm coming down with anything. I just have to wait and see what the foot doppler test reveals (I assume that will help identify what my problem is).

I did get some sleep last night and despite it being frequently interrupted, I seem fairly bright today.

But I don't think I'm coming down with anything. I just have to wait and see what the foot doppler test reveals (I assume that will help identify what my problem is).

Hope so, fingers crossed.

Andy - did you feel kind of hypo? I think it might be worth testing yourself before the rowing and again afterwards. I have found (only through testing because of the strange hypo's I have been having) that when I do the rower (even 5 hard solid minutes) my BS absolutely plummet. I wonder if this could be similar for you. This could be a good reason for asking your GP for some strips. I have been given some to test before during and after exercise and it is quite revealing. Also, i can leave the gym ok and have noticed within an hour can plummet, so now eat as soon as i finish - often a sandwich. Good luck and well done for testing you could be on to something.

Andy - did you feel kind of hypo? I think it might be worth testing yourself before the rowing and again afterwards. I have found (only through testing because of the strange hypo's I have been having) that when I do the rower (even 5 hard solid minutes) my BS absolutely plummet. I wonder if this could be similar for you. This could be a good reason for asking your GP for some strips. I have been given some to test before during and after exercise and it is quite revealing. Also, i can leave the gym ok and have noticed within an hour can plummet, so now eat as soon as i finish - often a sandwich. Good luck and well done for testing you could be on to something.

I hadn't actually done any rowing that day . So was doubly surprised. I must admit to feeling a bit shakey, but that could have simply been the aftermath of the cramp (I'm a wuss when it comes to pain!).

Anyway, last night I decided to throw on another duvet. Guess what? I had a really good night's sleep. I wasn't exactly cold before, but the extra duvet meant that I was very cosy. I've also been off the bananas for a few days too (the potassium in them could have been causing an imbalance too). If my legs continue to settle down, then I'll re-introduce the bananas, but will probably have just one every other day rather than one per day. I've also reduced the amount of coffee I drink!

I'm feeling a bit more positive about things again (I was starting to be a little concerned). 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back