Good news cancer screening p1 went well

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
out of the months of hell i went to Maxillo cancer screening today and passed with flying colours with part 1 of the screening. i was given a few options and with a history of heavy smoking thankfully stopped i have opted to go on the safe side of another biopsy it is a worry for a good few weeks after having it done and waiting but if that is clear then i can finally breath a sigh of relief.

i do know that with a history of mouth cancer in the family the risks will still be there and there is all ways the risk of the super growth returning but at least the unit will be able to keep on top of things and catch anything early.

think i just want to cry with joy.

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
That's great news! And I think some happy eye water is perfectly justified!

Flower

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
That is great news and very hopefully in a few weeks time it will be a massive relief for you. Wishing you well :)

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
it has been a 2 months of hell and a long time coming very grateful for the replies.

Bloden

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
It’s great to hear you’ve had some good news @mikeydt1. :D If anyone deserves some, it’s you.

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
i do have the biopsy to face and have filled in the consent form. this is to check for mouth cancer part 2 and is for pure peace of mind. it might not sound much but when it is done under the tongue and they are removing part of it and put stitches in my god afterwards it certainly makes you know about it.

just wondering with only been able to have soups how it would affect my diabetes as one medication is well known to cause hypos and it will be a month of been on the stuff. advantage guaranteed to loose weight.

anyway many thanks for the kind message Bloden.

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Fingers crossed everything is good on the biopsy too.

Stitch147

Relationship to Diabetes
MODY
Great news. Good luck for the biopsy. X

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
oh Jan things didn't go as planned i have since only ended up with a resistant uti bug think it was caused by the Maxillo treatment didn't feel right towards the end. i have informed the hospital today so they don't rush doing the biopsy so that i can try and get on top of this. feel okay but just annoyed it has happened.

in all the years of catheter use i have never encountered a drug resistant bug, grrr

adrian1der

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
it was a tough few weeks Adrian but got through that and the surgeon was pleased only trouble it got rid of what was found in the mouth and it seems to have gone to the other end of my body :rolleyes:

the biopsy is for peace of mind once done there is a worry wait as they need to see what develops with the sample there is all ways some worry to that part so can only hope it was like the first time i had one done and it came back benign.

adrian1der

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2