Good news at last!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddie99

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Ok, since dropping out of university I've been on the dole. Oh the joys. However, before I left my last job I was given the stuff for bank staff as what is euphemistically termed an ATO (Assistant Technical Officer) in the lab I used to work in for my placements. In the mean time I'm applying to university again for a BSc course in nursing (adult nursing that is) and I've applied to Brighton, Canterbury Christ Church and I'm about to choose a few London unis to garnish it.
I start my new job on Monday, I need to let my boss know that I've dropped out but it'll be in a rather guarded manner as he doesn't really need to know.

Oh, I'll be looking to go into being a DSN provided I graduate from nursing haha!

On terms of diabetes, I've had a few rough days and nights, most memorably a 27.5 a few nights ago. That was fun I tell you! I'm getting things sorted out at last which is good. The winter is doing funny things and making me need more insulin so I've got to deal with all of that.

At the moment I've got a beer here to congratulate myself. Mmmm one of Australia's best products - VB Beer. Excellent.

Tom

Last edited:
good to hear things are going your way take care

congratulations and good luck in your new job tom 🙂
enjoy your beer

Good luck with everything and congratulations for all the things you've got (including the beer).

Good luck with it all Tom. I was a nurse once myself, sure its all very different now!

My bg was up the pole a few weeks back too, seem to be getting sorted now. 🙂

Tom - good for you, glad to hear things are on the up for you.

A DSN, will Northy need to look out, are you planning to be the next generation of 'god father' of the Forum.

Keep us posted with your progress

Good luck :D x

Well done Tom, glad things are coming together for you.

P.S something I mean't to ask when you came to brum. how do you play rugby with a pump?

Hi Paul,

I haven't played Rugby since getting hold of my pump. I've yet to get back onto the field and into the front row again. I need to do that.

Tom

such good news Tom ... x 🙂 im so please your life is on the up x

Hi Paul,

I haven't played Rugby since getting hold of my pump. I've yet to get back onto the field and into the front row again. I need to do that.

Tom
Thanks Tom I had been wondering for ages.:D

Ok, since dropping out of university I've been on the dole. Oh the joys. However, before I left my last job I was given the stuff for bank staff as what is euphemistically termed an ATO (Assistant Technical Officer) in the lab I used to work in for my placements. In the mean time I'm applying to university again for a BSc course in nursing (adult nursing that is) and I've applied to Brighton, Canterbury Christ Church and I'm about to choose a few London unis to garnish it.
I start my new job on Monday, I need to let my boss know that I've dropped out but it'll be in a rather guarded manner as he doesn't really need to know.

Oh, I'll be looking to go into being a DSN provided I graduate from nursing haha!

Tom

I think its awesome ur going to go for the nursing, its not the easiest training i have ever done and still have a year to go 🙄 I was thinking about my elective and I would like to try the diabetes centre... Think you have to do post grad course to become a dsn but defo something I was thinking bout too :D

good luck with your applications btw 🙂

hurrah Tom! Glad you're on the up with things.

DSN eh? Something I want to do one day myself, but alas pennies for uni are rather short right now. But hey, maybe one day Shiv, Sam and Tom's DSN clinic of awesome wil be a real thing :D

Glad things going a bit better for you - go for it with the Dsn thing - there needs to be more professionals with first hand experience especially working with children

Good Luck - hope the beer was good x

Good luck Tom.

I must admit I didn't go to University until I was 25, because I wasn't sure what I wanted to study when I finished A levels. No rush - I felt it was better to wait and then do the right course. However, I was lucky that "traditional / apprenticeship" nursing courses still existed, so I earned a wage while getting a training, and then worked as bnak nurse & TA nursing officer while studying for my BSc. Still studying now - currently in 2nd year of a Higher Education Certificicate in Genetics, as quite a bit has changed since I last formally studied genetics about 20 years ago! Human genome, for one.

Good news Tom, hope the new job goes ok, and good luck in applying for your Nursing degree.. (another nurse here but had to give up due to my health)..

Hi Tom sorry im late seeing this but hope your first day goes well .x

Good luck Tom, hope you achieve all you set out to, and have a happy and healthy future .

xx

Good luck!

Remember reading a quote somewhere that went something like:

Success is not defined by how high you fly when things are going well, rather it is a measure of how high you bounce back after you fall...

You have an amazing attitude and mature planning.

Hope it goes well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back