good news about my eye laser surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJLang

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hooray I still need further checks to confirm this but it looks like yesterday's eye surgery was successful in both eyes.....although I did feel rather squeamish when after completing the hole in each eye he then decided to make each of the holes larger

He also commented two or three times that because of the thickness of my irises that I'd had to have much more laser than usual - so now three weeks of strong steroid drops - I'm keeping fingers crossed that the recovery goes well and that the holes don't close up

Thank you very much for all of your support during the past few weeks

Last edited:
Great news hun really pleased for you, fingers crossed for a good recovery x

It's incredible what they can do these days and I'm pleased that your surgery went well.

There was a lovely news story last night about a young fire-fighter (she was only 27, I think) who had new corneal implants because of cataracts. They were bi-focal! Amazing!! She was able to resume work afterwards too.

Andy 🙂

Excellent news AJ, fingers crossed all goes well from now on. Hope the steroids don't upset your blood sugar levels too much! 🙂

Fantastic news!! I hope you're blood sugars behave and you're completely mended soon!! XxXxX

Good news , make sure you take care of yourself 🙂

Good news, Its good to have makes everybody feel good when others are doing well.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back