Good Morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proudspirit

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Long time no see.
Hope that you are all keeping well? Will try and read some threads and get back into the swing.

While i have been away i saw the DSN at the clinic.. Waste of space, she asked if i was following the diet, i asked what diet and she said that there isn't one lol, well in that case yes, following 100%!

Saw dietician, no joy there either, just carry on eating what i eat, just cut down on the wine and drink milk... those 2 not related i just dont get any calcium!

Going to see GP in March, HBA1c went up to 6.9 in Dec, no idea why!

Well apart from Diabetes news. My Baby girl will be 18 this month and we are having a big party, I (with help) am going to do the food so i know whats in it and i am very excited!

julie x

Hi there Julie and welcome back lovley to see you posting again been a good long while hun,sounds like those two dietician and dsn come from the same school for tact grr, hope it goes well in march and you can get your hbA down once again. Did you have a good xmas?

Nice to see you back. Your nurse and dietician sound as better than the practice nurse at my docotors who unloads her problems on the peole she is supposed to be helping!

Hope all goes well for the 18th birthday!

Had great Christmas thanks Steff, did you?
I got a bit upset as there were LOADS of chocolates in my house and i couldnt have them... i did have an odd 1!
My mum bought be a box of chocolates as it would be cruel to leave me out!! lol

Caroline, i know what you mean some nurses have private therapy sessions!

Had great Christmas thanks Steff, did you?
I got a bit upset as there were LOADS of chocolates in my house and i couldnt have them... i did have an odd 1!
My mum bought be a box of chocolates as it would be cruel to leave me out!! lol

Caroline, i know what you mean some nurses have private therapy sessions!

Yes managed well they was no big deal made of choccies or anything like that I was bought a bar of 90% cocoa choccie lol, and i went with a fruit salad for dessert instead of my usual yule log, xmas pud etc .Aww good ol mums eh lol

..........While i have been away i saw the DSN at the clinic.. Waste of space, she asked if i was following the diet, i asked what diet and she said that there isn't one lol, well in that case yes, following 100%!

Saw dietician, no joy there either, just carry on eating what i eat, just cut down on the wine and drink milk... those 2 not related i just dont get any calcium!

Going to see GP in March, HBA1c went up to 6.9 in Dec, no idea why! ..........
Hi Julie,

The HbA1c of 6.9% is quite good - but the unexplained increase isn't.

I assume that you know the importance of cutting back on the starchy carbohydrate - i.e. cereals, bread and potaoes mainly - but also rice and pasta etc. That usually leads to a big improvement in blood glucose levels - and quickly too.

Best wishes - John

........Going to see GP in March, HBA1c went up to 6.9 in Dec, no idea why!

Well apart from Diabetes news. My Baby girl will be 18 this month and we are having a big party, I (with help) am going to do the food so i know whats in it and i am very excited!

julie x

Dear Julie,

It's lovely to see you back posting again. I'm not going to scold you re your increase in HbA1c whally's already done that LOL :D. It's just nice to hear from you again.

Warmest Regards Dodger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back