Good Morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proudspirit

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi All,
Sorry i've not been around for a while, seem to be stuck in a rut but brighter today!
Am at GP today and i am going to tell him that i want to complain to pct re my care... or lack of, yes i go to see the dr so he can give strips but he doesn't give me any advice, ive more or less stopped testing, don't see the point, i tested the other night, it was 13.8.. and? its just a number. was diagnosed in May and still havent seen a dietician or been for my first diabetic check..
Crikey and i said i felt brighter! lol

Anyway will try to read some threads later today. not even been lurking!
Hope that you are all well and hope the meeting tomorrow goes well.

Julie x

I hope all goes well with your doctor and you get everything you want.

Good luck. x

Hi Julie, so good to see you back, I really missed you!🙂 It is dreadful that you have received such poor support from your doctor, I hope that oday's appointment sets some of that straight. There are some fundamental checks that they should be providing, so you make sure they give them to you!

Hve you tried reading one of the recommended books? Gretchen Becker's 'Type 2 - the First Year' is highly recommended, and might give you a firmer handle on things and some motivaton. And please do call on all the lovely people here - you know we are all happy and eager to help!🙂

Let us know how things go🙂

Hi All,
Sorry i've not been around for a while, seem to be stuck in a rut but brighter today!
Am at GP today and i am going to tell him that i want to complain to pct re my care... or lack of, yes i go to see the dr so he can give strips but he doesn't give me any advice, ive more or less stopped testing, don't see the point, i tested the other night, it was 13.8.. and? its just a number. was diagnosed in May and still havent seen a dietician or been for my first diabetic check..
Crikey and i said i felt brighter! lol

Anyway will try to read some threads later today. not even been lurking!
Hope that you are all well and hope the meeting tomorrow goes well.

Julie x

Don't give up Julie.

If I had a pre meal reading of 13.8 I'd be giving my doctor hell to get it lower - and she knows it!

It's awful to read about your awful (don't) care from your surgery.

I haven't seen a dietician yet - I just test and write down what the results are after different foods. Over several months I've begun to learn what sends me higher than others. eg kebabs are a no no for me now. Porridge is a definite yes. And I still sin.

..........yes i go to see the dr so he can give strips but he doesn't give me any advice, .............
Hi Julie,

In my experience, the best thing that a non-insulin dependent Type 2 can do to get good control of their blood glucose levels is to cut back on the starchy carbohydrates - i.e. cereals, bread, potatoes, pasta and rice. That usually leads to a quick and big reduction in blood clucose levels for Type 2s.

Don't stop testing - it is very important so that you can learn how different foods affect your blood glucose readings. Then keep away from foods that take you into double figures.

Best wishes - John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back