Good Morning, just wanted to say Hi and catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2rs

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I've not been on here for a very long time. I didn't feel I fitted in... Anyway I had a 3rd spinal on Friday 4th November and came out on Saturday. The hospital diet options for me were the same as everyone else, including puddings. Haha. Good job I wasn't in for long enough for it to become an issue.

Anyway long story short, I am determined to make this a new start through recovery and when I return to normal. I have been told I should be able to return to the gym, but not for 4-6 months, but I am going to start having little walks with hubby for now and build that up hopefully in the meantime. I am also going to try really hard to stop eating sweet carbs. My sweet tooth has been my absolute downfall - along with my genes. I knew what I should have been doing all my adult life, but didn't listen to my head.. Just want to catch up and as I said say Hi.

I've not been on here for a very long time. I didn't feel I fitted in... Anyway I had a 3rd spinal on Friday 4th November and came out on Saturday. The hospital diet options for me were the same as everyone else, including puddings. Haha. Good job I wasn't in for long enough for it to become an issue.

Anyway long story short, I am determined to make this a new start through recovery and when I return to normal. I have been told I should be able to return to the gym, but not for 4-6 months, but I am going to start having little walks with hubby for now and build that up hopefully in the meantime. I am also going to try really hard to stop eating sweet carbs. My sweet tooth has been my absolute downfall - along with my genes. I knew what I should have been doing all my adult life, but didn't listen to my head.. Just want to catch up and as I said say Hi.Welcom
Welcome back, I hope your recovery goes well. It always seems a slow process. I am still recovering from knee surgery from a year ago.
Have a look at this link for some ideas on a new outlook on your diet. https://lowcarbfreshwell.co.uk/
The more you reduce those sweet carbs you will soon find things are far too sweet.
You can still have puddings, sugarfree jelly with berries and cream, fruit crumble with the topping made from ground almonds, low sugar granola and butter, Kvarg deserts or look on sugarfreelondoner website for some good low carb recipes.

Good to have you back here @2rs

Wishing you a good recovery from your op and success in the changes that you have planned. Small changes that you are able to stick to are often the most successful. One for me was a simple plan- don’t sit down for 15 min after I have eaten. It is amazing what I get done in those time slots. We plan to do a walk each day but in the current storms that is a less attractive option but I stick to still doing something stood up.

Keep in touch and let us know of your progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back