good luck twitchy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Good luck for Tuesday Twitchy! Let us know how you get on with the pump start - which one are you getting? We want full details!:DBev

Thanks!!

I'm getting an Accu-Chek combo - apparently it's the only one Leicestershire "does" so I hope I get on with it! 😱 From the booklet the DSN gave me it looks pretty cool though - remote control & BG test machine combined, which should be useful!

The main thing that's worrying me at the mo is I don't feel like there's been much prep - it's a group start thing too which I haven't heard of before...but am sure it will be ok...can't wait to get my basal rates sorted & finally get a whole night's sleep!! (There, optimistic, aren't I?! :D)

Thanks again!! :D

Good Luck, you do know it's the rules for you to post about how you are getting on in a blog type way?

Just saw this - you'll probably wish you'd never said that as I won't know when to shut up! Sooooo excited!!! :D:D

Good luck Twitchy! Can't wait to hear how you get on with the pump. Guess you will be joining our 3am club?! :D

Thanks!!

I'm getting an Accu-Chek combo - apparently it's the only one Leicestershire "does" so I hope I get on with it! 😱 From the booklet the DSN gave me it looks pretty cool though - remote control & BG test machine combined, which should be useful!

The main thing that's worrying me at the mo is I don't feel like there's been much prep - it's a group start thing too which I haven't heard of before...but am sure it will be ok...can't wait to get my basal rates sorted & finally get a whole night's sleep!! (There, optimistic, aren't I?! :D)

Thanks again!! :D

Does sound interesting, one day I'll read all these threads about pumps, but do they all have bg test machines inbuilt?? groovey or what!!

Good luck Twitchy! It will be hard to start but soon you'll be away with it 🙂 Are you starting with saline or going live straight away?

Hi Twitchy

Good luck with the pump...:D...Keep us all posted

Heidi
xx🙂

Good luck Twitchy! Can't wait to hear how you get on with the pump. Guess you will be joining our 3am club?! :D

Eh?! 😱 Thought I'd be seeing the back of that...eventually? Please tell me that's just for tweaking the basal doses every now & again?... :confused:😱 Better not trash the alarm clocks just yet then!!

Good luck Twitchy! It will be hard to start but soon you'll be away with it 🙂 Are you starting with saline or going live straight away?

Straight on to the good stuff - eek!

LOL! I'm sure once the basals are sorted it won't be all the time. We do a last test for R at midnight and depending on that one we either get up at 1am; 3am or both. But, that is for a 7 year old so could be completely diff for an adult 🙂

Wow that was quick Twitchy! Fab!

I think that Sugarbum had a group start -- have you checked out her thread? And yes you MUST keep a bloggy thing going; it looks like you will have quite a different start to anyone else so far (no pressure!), and it's always so interesting to see how things are done. And we're all kind of nosy and opinionated anyway 😛...

Can't wait to hear how it goes with you! I won't lie -- pretty hard work at first and I think everyone will agree, yes with 3am tests regularly etc -- but the payoff I think is worth it very quickly if you get on all right...Let us know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back